Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Are the wheels of justice creaking into action?
Middle class revolution Anthony
Allegations of political criminality reported to An Garda Siochana Anthony
Minister Catherine Martin: Not fit to serve Anthony
Establishment media and delusional analysis Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
?Notable, Significant and Abnormal? Purchases of PCR Lab Equipment in Wuhan, Summer 2019 Tue Oct 05, 2021 13:44 | Michael Curzon
Researchers believe that "abnormal" purchases of PCR lab equipment in Wuhan in the summer of 2019 suggest Covid was spreading "virulently" in the city far earlier than was previously thought.
The post ?Notable, Significant and Abnormal? Purchases of PCR Lab Equipment in Wuhan, Summer 2019 appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
12,000 Women Living with Undiagnosed Breast Cancer after a Year of Lockdowns Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:07 | Michael Curzon
Almost 12,000 women in the U.K. were living with undiagnosed breast cancer in May this year, according to new analysis ? and screening for the disease is still below pre-lockdown levels.
The post 12,000 Women Living with Undiagnosed Breast Cancer after a Year of Lockdowns appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
No Good Reason to Introduce Vaccine Passports Right Now, Says Sajid Javid Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:52 | Michael Curzon
Sajid Javid says there are currently no good reasons to introduce vaccine passports, but concedes that his comments do not mean "there can?t ever be a role for such an intervention".
The post No Good Reason to Introduce Vaccine Passports Right Now, Says Sajid Javid appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Why Are People?s Risk Perceptions So Skewed? Tue Oct 05, 2021 08:08 | Noah Carl
For months, we?ve been treated to morbid ?daily death numbers? ? but for only one cause of death. Perhaps if these figures had been reported for all causes of death, people?s risk perceptions would be less skewed.
The post Why Are People?s Risk Perceptions So Skewed? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
And Finally? Tue Oct 05, 2021 00:10 | Toby Young
In this week?s London Calling, the talking points are the recent easing of travel restrictions (unless you?re unvaccinated), unsuccessful stalking adventures, the new Sharpe novel and Irwin Shaw?s Young Lions.
The post And Finally… appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Iran's allies lose Iraqi legislative elections Wed Oct 13, 2021 19:38 | en
The political power of Facebook, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Oct 12, 2021 09:28 | en
Lebanon's bankruptcy deliberately caused by IMF under Christine Lagarde's watch Fri Oct 08, 2021 16:17 | en
China-US high-level talks in Switzerland Fri Oct 08, 2021 14:54 | en
Covid-19: noose is tightening around Doctor Anthony Fauci Thu Oct 07, 2021 20:09 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun