Scott Ritter Catches Up to Anti-Empire Thu May 19, 2022 04:04 | Anti-Empire
US-Made Howitzers Come Under Attack in D... Wed May 18, 2022 23:04 | Anti-Empire
Putin Suddenly Doesnâ€™t Have a Problem ... Wed May 18, 2022 20:42 | Dave DeCamp
Lukashenko Urges CSTO to Unite Against t... Wed May 18, 2022 17:03 | Al Jazeera
Russia Fires Missiles at Israeli Planes ... Wed May 18, 2022 03:34 | Jason Ditz
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
To Yellow Vests he?s the radical: Macron imposes ?radical centrism? for Brussels Thu May 19, 2022 13:59 | amarynth
by Ramin Mazaheri for the Saker blog During the only debate featuring the five principal 2017 presidential candidates the National Front?s Marine Le Pen zinged Macron with the night?s best
The brutal invasion of Iraq: Media ? he made an unfortunate mistake Thu May 19, 2022 11:47 | amarynth
This speaks for itself and needs no comment. This is the single best thing that has ever happened. There has never been a better thing than this. https://t.co/bYkZmsDgcm — Caitlin
Toward a Theory of Impossibility: Column Upends Science Wed May 18, 2022 23:25 | amarynth
By Fred Reed for the Saker Blog In today?s column, we will revolutionize science, and establish that much of what we believe, at least regarding living things, is at best
Open thread for today Wed May 18, 2022 15:39 | amarynth
Use as an open thread for today for any topic discussed at the Saker Blog and not already being discussed in other threads.
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/05/18 ? Open Thread Wed May 18, 2022 13:00 | herb
2022/05/18 12:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Humanity: Zero chance of survival Anthony
RTE gives balance – accidentally? Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun