"Bill Gates We Are Not Your Lab Rats!" Africans Protest COVID Vaccine Trials Among Poor 21:27 Jul 20 0 comments
Plandemic Stage 2: PlannedChaos – American Cities Become a War Zone Overnight 22:39 Jun 08 2 comments
The Economic "Reopening" Is A Fake Out - Do not be fooled by the reopening 14:38 May 26 0 comments
Colorado Forced to Revise Its Virus Tally After ALCOHOL POISONING Counted as COVID-19 Death 22:57 May 21 0 comments
Coronavirus latest: Germany braces for second round of anti-lockdown protests 13:39 May 16 1 commentsmore >>
The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Irish Examiner bias Anthony
Hong Kong and democracy Anthony
Oliver Callan: Back in his box Anthony
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
In Serbia, la Résistance continues Sat Aug 08, 2020 19:31 | The Saker
Covid Candide: Isn?t this the best of all possible worlds? and pandemic responses? Sat Aug 08, 2020 19:17 | The Saker
Who Profits from the Beirut Tragedy Sat Aug 08, 2020 18:56 | amarynth
Nasrallah denies any Hezbollah activities at the port, calls to end incitement and impunity (full sp... Sat Aug 08, 2020 18:42 | amarynth
(Translation of key points): Nasrallah?s speech on Beirut Disaster Sat Aug 08, 2020 14:25 | amarynth
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
international | rights, freedoms and repression | feature Saturday January 03, 2009 21:38 by Justin Morahan
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009