Protests over post-vaccination deaths spread across South Korea 23:18 Dec 26 0 comments
Chris Hedges: The execution of Julian Assange 22:19 Dec 19 0 commentsmore >>
Ukraine Buys Huge Amounts of Russian Fue... Fri Jan 20, 2023 08:34 | Antonia Kotseva
Turkey Has Sent Ukraine Cluster Munition... Thu Jan 12, 2023 00:26 | Jack Detsch
New Israeli Government Promises to Talk ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 21:13 | Al Majadeen
Russia Training Iranian Pilots Ahead of ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:19 | The Times of Israel
Lukashenko Abolishes Copyright Protectio... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:05 | Nikki Main
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Will the Real Elagabalus Please Stand Up Wed Nov 29, 2023 09:00 | Guy de la Bédoyère
House Buyers in Scotland Set to Be Forced to Rip Out Gas Boilers and Install Heat Pumps Within Two Y... Wed Nov 29, 2023 07:00 | Will Jones
News Round-Up Wed Nov 29, 2023 00:51 | Richard Eldred
Nick Dixon and Toby Young Talk About the ?Far Right? Unrest in Dublin, Geert Wilders Winning in the ... Tue Nov 28, 2023 21:28 | Will Jones
I Became Convinced Lockdown Was Needed for ?Man-Made? Virus Due to Information From ?Friends Outside... Tue Nov 28, 2023 17:38 | Will Jones
Voltaire, international edition
What lies behind Benjamin Netanyahu's lies and Hamas's evasions, by Thierry Meys... Tue Nov 28, 2023 06:58 | en
Netanyahu fired defense minister in July because he warned of a Hamas attack, by... Mon Nov 27, 2023 06:56 | en
Voltaire, International Newsletter N°63 Sun Nov 26, 2023 07:26 | en
Israel arrests director of Al-Shifa hospital Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:56 | en
Extraordinary BRICS Summit on Gaza Genocide Wed Nov 22, 2023 09:59 | en
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
international | rights, freedoms and repression | feature Saturday January 03, 2009 21:38 by Justin Morahan
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009