Right to Plunder the Economy, Not Right to Protest 23:15 Feb 10 0 comments
‘Gray State’ filmmaker and his family found dead in ‘apparent murder-suicide’ 12:34 Jan 21 0 comments
If Ireland was treated like Palestine - An alternate history 23:37 Jul 29 0 comments
How to become a terrorist 08:36 Jul 25 0 comments
Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet 00:48 Jul 15 3 commentsmore >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION VINEYARDSAKER:
Breaking news: FALSE FLAG IN MOSCOW! VINEYARDSAKER:
PILA Seminar: The Duty of the State in Constitutional Cases? 7 July, Dublin Wed Jul 01, 2015 13:20 | GuestPost
The Greek Financial Crisis and the Rhetoric of Emergency Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:16 | Alan Greene
The Direct Provision Report: A Missed Opportunity Tue Jun 30, 2015 17:32 | Liam Thornton
The Direct Provision Report: Recommendations on Improving the Quality of Life for Protection Seekers Tue Jun 30, 2015 17:02 | Liam Thornton
The Direct Provision Report: Summary of Recommendations on Accommodation Standards Tue Jun 30, 2015 16:59 | Liam Thornton
For lefties too stubborn to quit
A proposed new crime 22:26 Wed Jul 01, 2015 | Tomboktu
Internment 1970? 12:36 Wed Jul 01, 2015 | guestposter
1937 Statement By Communist Party Secretariat Objecting To The Proposed Constitution 10:17 Wed Jul 01, 2015 | irishelectionliterature
The sage of Tallaght considers the latest polls? 09:25 Wed Jul 01, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
What you want to say ? 1st July 2015 03:16 Wed Jul 01, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting
THE WRATH OF KANE: BANKING CRISES AND POLITICAL POWER 09:32 Fri Jan 30, 2015
ALWAYS THE ARTISTS: WEEK THREE OF THE BANK INQUIRY 23:11 Thu Jan 22, 2015
FIANNA FÁIL AND THE BANK INQUIRY : SOME INITIAL OBSERVATIONS 21:04 Mon Jan 12, 2015
PETER NYBERG BANK INQUIRY EVIDENCE, 17 DECEMBER 2014 18:05 Sun Dec 28, 2014
For Some Vicious Mole of Nature: Making Sense of The Irish Bank Crisis 21:07 Fri Dec 26, 2014
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
international | rights, freedoms and repression | feature Saturday January 03, 2009 21:38 by Justin Morahan
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009