If Ireland was treated like Palestine - An alternate history 23:37 Jul 29 0 comments
How to become a terrorist 08:36 Jul 25 0 comments
Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet 00:48 Jul 15 3 comments
Notorious Ukrainian nationalist militant shot dead in police raid 13:03 Mar 25 3 comments
Ukrainian Neo-Fascists Target Jews 14:26 Mar 16 0 commentsmore >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Someone?s not too happy? 19:52 Wed Oct 01, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Sickening? 19:47 Wed Oct 01, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
More on 1914, and 1916, 1969 and 2014 too! 13:48 Wed Oct 01, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Posturing over unfunded tax cuts? 12:44 Wed Oct 01, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
What you want to say ? 1st of October, 2014 03:46 Wed Oct 01, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting
Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture Four - Global and State Institutions 17:17 Wed Oct 01, 2014
HOUSING AND THE IRISH STATE 10:48 Tue Sep 30, 2014
Boomer Times 10:26 Tue Sep 30, 2014
FALLEN FRUIT 08:26 Mon Sep 29, 2014
Irish Labour Movement 1880-1924: Lecture Two - New Unionism 09:26 Fri Sep 26, 2014
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
Mark Fielding Speaks to the Nation: We Don?t Owe You Squat Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 | Michael Taft
Demanding the Future: The Right2Water and Another Ireland Tue Sep 30, 2014 21:56 | Paul O'Connell
IBEC?s Myth Debunking is Just Bunk Tue Sep 30, 2014 16:22 | Michael Taft
Consumerism and Equality Mon Sep 29, 2014 15:47 | Jaime Dixon
Investment Remains the Key to a Real Recovery Wed Sep 24, 2014 16:31 | Michael Burke
Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake
Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake
Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009