World Socialist Web Site Report on: At least 290 killed in terrorist bomb attacks in Sri Lanka 23:00 Apr 22 0 comments
French army receives authorization to shoot “yellow vest” protesters 23:40 Mar 24 0 comments
John Stalker Takes Shoot To Kill Policy Secrets To Grave 21:41 Mar 11 0 comments
GLENN GREENWALD: the dramatic and dark scandal that engulfs the Brazilian Bolsonaro government 22:23 Jan 30 0 comments
From Facebook to Policebook 22:18 Feb 03 0 commentsmore >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Iran vs Saudi Arabia: it?s game-over Thu Sep 19, 2019 18:49 | The Saker
Karbala, The Path of Most Resistance Thu Sep 19, 2019 16:32 | The Saker
How the Houthis overturned the chessboard Wed Sep 18, 2019 21:53 | amarynth
If Iran behind attack, ?US military worthless? ? Tehran prof Wed Sep 18, 2019 20:55 | The Saker
Crises ? the Middle-East and a few hopefully useful pointers Wed Sep 18, 2019 19:12 | The Saker
A Blog About Human Rights
UN Human Rights Council Should Address Human Rights Crisis in Cambodia Sat Aug 31, 2019 13:41 | Human Rights
Fijian women still face Human Rights violations Mon Aug 26, 2019 18:49 | Human Rights
Saudi Human Rights Violation Fri Aug 09, 2019 20:41 | Human Rights
China?s LGBT Community Mon Apr 15, 2019 19:19 | Human Rights
Declaration of Human Rights at Sea Mon Apr 08, 2019 07:31 | Human Rights
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Ripping the bonds of the UK apart? 12:44 Thu Sep 19, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Centenary: Irish Farm Labour Strike ? Recalling Labour?s Role in the Struggle for Independence ? Oct... 12:23 Thu Sep 19, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Signs of Hope ? A continuing series 12:07 Thu Sep 19, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
The loyal opposition? 10:41 Thu Sep 19, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Do they seem a little anxious? 07:44 Thu Sep 19, 2019 | WorldbyStorm
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
international | rights, freedoms and repression | feature Saturday January 03, 2009 21:38 by Justin Morahan
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009