Right to Plunder the Economy, Not Right to Protest 23:15 Feb 10 0 comments
‘Gray State’ filmmaker and his family found dead in ‘apparent murder-suicide’ 12:34 Jan 21 0 comments
If Ireland was treated like Palestine - An alternate history 23:37 Jul 29 0 comments
How to become a terrorist 08:36 Jul 25 0 comments
Hacking Online Polls and Other Ways British Spies Seek to Control the Internet 00:48 Jul 15 3 commentsmore >>
Americaâ€™s Palestinians: Lessons from The American Indian Experience for Israel... Sun Mar 29, 2015 20:00 | Jerome Nikolai Warren
Spain is not Greece, or is it? Electoral prospects for the left in 2015. Thu Feb 05, 2015 19:00 | modulus
SYRIZA and Memnosyne Sat Jan 24, 2015 09:09 | Jerome Nikolai Warren
Why the Workersâ€™ Party Wed Jan 21, 2015 20:08 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
â€śItâ€™s boring but necessaryâ€ť: An Interview with Jos Alembic (aka â€śQâ€ť) o... Mon Jan 05, 2015 18:44 | Jerome Nikolai Warren
Just another WordPress site
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
MAIN SERVER BACK UP AGAIN VINEYARDSAKER:
THIS BLOG HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION VINEYARDSAKER:
Graham Dwyer and Violence Against Women Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:11 | Vicky Conway
Three EU-funded Ph.D positions on Environmental Governance and Compliance (4 years) Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:49 | GuestPost
The Prince Charles Black Spider Memos and Unreasonableness in the UK: The Resurgence of the Common L... Sat Mar 28, 2015 14:58 | Alan Greene
End Direct Provision: #DirectProvision15 Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:16 | GuestPost
Guest Post: 20 years after Beijing: let?s take a few steps back. Fri Mar 20, 2015 08:13 | GuestPost
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
international | rights, freedoms and repression | feature Saturday January 03, 2009 21:38 by Justin Morahan
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009