Israel said planning to deport African migrants to Uganda 10:51 Feb 24 0 comments
NSA and GCHQ spying on WikiLeaks 11:01 Feb 19 0 comments
Ignorance, avoidance, distortion – media coverage of the Corrib gas project has failed 23:53 Feb 05 0 comments
Yassamine Mather interviewed on the Beeb 15:43 Jan 23 0 comments
The Battle for Burgos in Spain. People Rise Up Against Corrupt Politicians and Their Handlers 23:31 Jan 21 0 commentsmore >>
For Lefties too Stubborn to Quit
SV from the CPOI ? March edition 02:36 Sun Mar 09, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Unusual comparisons? 16:46 Sat Mar 08, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Sex and society, and? erm? Science Fiction ? in the 1960s 12:01 Sat Mar 08, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
International Women?s Day 2014 08:53 Sat Mar 08, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
This Weekend I?ll Mostly Be Listening to the? Breeders, Pod 06:39 Sat Mar 08, 2014 | WorldbyStorm
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting
APPLE, IRELAND AND TAX AVOIDANCE 00:01 Sun Mar 09, 2014
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN?S DAY 20:06 Sat Mar 08, 2014
CAMERON ON THE PHONE 09:22 Thu Mar 06, 2014
Irish Political Economy, Class 5: Austerity, Tax Avoidance and Privatization 15:57 Wed Mar 05, 2014
CORPORATION TAX DEBATE IN IRELAND 08:48 Wed Mar 05, 2014
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
Irelands? Bank Guarantee: A Lesson In Class Power Thu Mar 06, 2014 16:49 | Irish Left Review
Normal Euro zone Countries Don?t Export Their People Thu Mar 06, 2014 15:11 | Michael Taft
The Eighth Amendment Must be Repealed Wed Mar 05, 2014 13:29 | Alison Spillane
Marx was right all along, says investment bank Wed Mar 05, 2014 13:14 | Michael Burke
Jesus, Mary & Joe Duffy Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:55 | Julie Goo
5 Questions for International Women?s Day. Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:30 | Máiréad Enright
The constitutional right to legal advice after arrest Fri Mar 07, 2014 09:46 | Liz Campbell
Letter to Dr Zion Evrony, Israeli Ambassador to Ireland
Dear Ambassador Dr. Zion Evrony,
4. You said the upcoming elections had nothing to do with the massacre in Gaza. You know that this is not true. On the eve of the election you deliberately provoked a barrage of rockets from Hamas, even though you knew it would put Israeli lives in danger because you also knew that the Hamas response would give you a pretext to wreak havoc on Gaza and make it appear that it was Hamas' fault.
5. You and other Israeli propagandists keep repeating ad nauseam on RTE and in articles in the Irish Times the question: "What would you do, if you lived in Sderot or Ashkelon and your children had to run from constant rocket fire?" But you never ask the countering questions: "What would you do if you lived in Gaza, besieged by an Israel that denied the legitimacy of your democratically elected Parliament, and where Israel,a hostile power, has ultimate control over every aspect of your life? What would you do when this hostile power has the fourth or fifth most powerful army in the world, complete even with a nuclear arsenal, when it "agrees" to a truce (good public relations) that it breaks at will (no-one will notice the "small" incursions and killings of Palestinians)? What would you do if Israel invaded your little plot of land, murdering men, women and children, including many civilians, from the sky? Would you take your children and run to the sea (there is no other escape in Gaza) or would you think "This is a war against me and my children" and would you resist in whatever way you could?"
6. Do you think that all of the Irish people are stupid enough to believe your propaganda (2) , no matter how often it is repeated?
7. Though not mentioned this morning, your Government has lied about the Israeli navy ramming the Dignity in international waters. The Dignity was carrying humanitarian aid to Gaza and had two Irish citizens on board. I protest against this action also and strongly condemn it
8. As a result of the war crimes which the IDF/Israel has committed in the Gaza Strip and in Palestine, I believe that our Government should call you in, advise you to leave and shut down the Israeli Embassy in Ballsbridge.
I have already written to Minister Mícheál Martin making this precise request.
With best personal wishes
2 January 2009