The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Public Services Card: Some still forced to comply
Catholic Church: Dark influence still active Anthony
Tom Parlon launches new career in comedy Anthony
Presumption of innocence does not universally apply in Ireland Anthony
The poor standard of Irish political journalism Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
China, Bolivia and Venezuela are proof that social democracy cannot thrive in the global capitalist ... Tue Nov 19, 2019 08:00 | The Saker
By Jeff J. Brown for The Saker Blog Crosslinked with: https://chinarising.puntopr... https://youtu.be/ngJxuqdZ8SI https://soundcloud.com/44-d... Pictured above: The US orchestrated coup in Bolivia is being led by White supremist, fascist, Christian fundamentalists,
Message for my Latin American friends (in the form of a song) Tue Nov 19, 2019 01:12 | The Saker
Dear friends, I have to admit that I am absolutely heartbroken at the news coming out of Latin America. Brazil, Venezuela, Cuba, Colombia, Nicaragua, Ecuador, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia –
Moveable Feast Cafe 2019/11/18 ? Open Thread Mon Nov 18, 2019 23:00 | Herb Swanson
2019/11/18 23:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
Putin announces the death of the dollar, and soon? Mon Nov 18, 2019 22:51 | The Saker
Further Escalation In Southern Idlib Mon Nov 18, 2019 21:21 | Scott
Syrian War Report ? November 18, 2019: Further Escalation In Southern Idlib Over the past days, southern Idlib, southern Raqqah, northwestern al-Hasakah remained the main points of tensions in Syria.
The Saker >>
National - Event Notice
Saturday February 20 2016
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th