Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
No law for the powerful, strict enforcement for decent citizens
Garda corruption: the stripped down truth Anthony
Will Pat Hickey turn up for his trial? Anthony
Garda breath tests letter Anthony
Daniel McConnell: Happy to wear establishment blinkers Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
The Founding Fathers and Other Tales Mon Feb 19, 2018 22:23 | The Saker
by Jimmie Moglia for The Saker blog The skeptics among my twenty-five readers may suspect from the title, that I am jumping on the bandwagon of our discontent, to direct
China?s ?New Silk Roads? reach Latin America Mon Feb 19, 2018 14:43 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar (cross-posted with the Asia Times by special agreement with the author) Beijing is turbo-charging its infrastructure connectivity across the region and the Caribbean A sharp, geoeconomic shift
The Black Sea Development Navy Brief 2/18 February 2018 Sat Feb 17, 2018 22:57 | Scott
by LeDahu for the Saker Blog Unprecedented show of power projection by the US Navy with 2 Arleigh Burke class DDGs now deployed in the Black Sea. The USS
Lessons From History Fri Feb 16, 2018 23:26 | mod editor
This comment was chosen by moderator HS from the post “Syrian War Report ? February 13, 2018: Israel Deploys New Anti-Missile Systems Near Syria”. The moderator felt the comment was
Syrian War Report ? February 16, 2018: Turkish Forces Capture Large Area In Afrin Fri Feb 16, 2018 20:14 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... On February 15, the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF) and the Free Syrian Army (FSA) achieved a major breakthrough in their battle against Kurdish YPG/YPJ forces in the area of
The Saker >>
Repeal and Replace? Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 | Fiona de Londras
Shifting Sands Under the Abortion Debate Mon Jan 15, 2018 09:30 | GuestPost
Liberty, the ICCL, and other NGO groups? landmark challenge against the UK Government?s mass surveil... Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:56 | admin
What Ireland can gain from international guidance on Article 19 UNCRPD Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 | Eilionoir Flynn
Repeal or Replace? Tue Oct 03, 2017 06:31 | Fiona de Londras
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Display Cases 22:08 Mon Feb 19, 2018 | irishelectionliterature
Downbeat rhetoric on the 8th 15:35 Mon Feb 19, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
February polls ? so far not so good 11:24 Mon Feb 19, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Est. 1970? 09:17 Mon Feb 19, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Left Archive: Capital in Ireland: The Ripening of Time No. 7, May ? July 1977 02:19 Mon Feb 19, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
National - Event Notice
Saturday February 20 2016
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th