A Blog About Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Turkish President Calls On Greece To Comply With Human Rights on Syrian Refugee Issues Wed Mar 04, 2020 17:58 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Convicted Rapist Spared Jail Due to Being Vulnerable to Covid Tue Oct 26, 2021 14:21 | Luke Perry
Convicted rapist avoids jail after judge declares that he is too vulnerable to Covid.
The post Convicted Rapist Spared Jail Due to Being Vulnerable to Covid appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Postcard From California Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:11 | Toby Young
We're publishing a new addition to our long-running series 'Around the World in 80 Lockdowns' today, this one from California. It's by Clive Pinder, one of the tireless Daily Sceptic moderators.
The post Postcard From California appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Leaked Government Report Claims That Vaccine Passports Would Fail to Stop COVID Transmission Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:55 | Luke Perry
A leaked Government report has concluded that vaccine passports will be counterproductive in preventing the transmission of Covid while bringing economic harm.
The post Leaked Government Report Claims That Vaccine Passports Would Fail to Stop COVID Transmission appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Study Links Pfizer and Astrazeneca Vaccines to Life Threatening Side Effects Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:35 | Luke Perry
A study has linked the Pfizer and Astrazeneca vaccines to serious neurological and physical side effects, including haemorrhagic stroke and muscle weakness.
The post Study Links Pfizer and Astrazeneca Vaccines to Life Threatening Side Effects appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
People are Still Pushing ?Zero Covid? Tue Oct 26, 2021 08:32 | Noah Carl
At this point in the pandemic, you might say 'Zero Covid' is a non-starter. Yet a recent article argues that "COVID-19 must be eliminated". As you might expect, this article ignores the crucial role of immunity.
The post People are Still Pushing ?Zero Covid? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Support Voltaire Network, by Thierry Meyssan Thu Oct 28, 2021 14:43 | en
Responding to Climate Change: China's Policies and Actions Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:49 | en
Billions of euros to "innovate" the nuclear NATO, by Manlio Dinucci Tue Oct 26, 2021 13:25 | en
Russia prepares the curtain call, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Oct 26, 2021 08:58 | en
Rapprochement between USA and Saudi Arabia Fri Oct 22, 2021 18:15 | en
Voltaire Network >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th