Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Michael Clifford and the dark evils of Social Media
RTE presenter accidentally tells the truth Anthony
Orwell’s 1984 arrives in 2018 Ireland Anthony
Elaine Byrne: Not speaking full truth to power Anthony
Israel/Ireland: Corruption comparison Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Latvians recall better Soviet times, by Ruslan Ostashko Sat Jul 21, 2018 17:27 | Scott
The myth of the” Soviet occupation” began to show cracks at the moment when Euro-integration has depopulated Latvia by half. And it?s not even ethnic Russians who are eager to
Syrian War Report ? July 20, 2018: Militants In Western Quneitra Fully Surrender To Syrian Army Sat Jul 21, 2018 01:31 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... If you?re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support the project. Our work wouldn?t be possible without your help: PayPal: email@example.com or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ or via: https://www.patreon.com/southfro... BTC: 13iYp9CDYZwgSnFXNtpEKgRRqaoxHPr2... BCH: 1NE49pQW8yCegnFCMvKuhLUnuxvTnxNUhf, E... The
Moveable Feast Cafe 2018/07/19 ? Open Thread Thu Jul 19, 2018 22:00 | Herb Swanson
2018/07/19 21:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
July 19, 2018 SDF?s Political Wing Seeks To Normalize Relations With Damascus Thu Jul 19, 2018 14:32 | Scott
Syrian War Report ? July 19, 2018: SDF?s Political Wing Seeks To Normalize Relations With Damascus https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... If you?re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support
Two analyses by Paul Craig Roberts Thu Jul 19, 2018 00:13 | The Saker
Note by the Saker: As I have mentioned here, I am currently on a road trip and I have very spotty access to the Internet. The recent Putin-Trump summit has
The Saker >>
News on Human Rights
Maldives Remain UK Priority Thu Jul 19, 2018 13:09 | Human Rights
US Withdraw From UN Human Rights Council Thu Jul 19, 2018 13:06 | Human Rights
Returning Refugees Greece Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:56 | Human Rights
Australia Immigrants English Speaking Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 | Human Rights
Border Security Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:48 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Meanwhile, a poll. 21:04 Sat Jul 21, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Viewing Connacht from Donegal 13:28 Sat Jul 21, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Reading Chandler? 10:43 Sat Jul 21, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
Mega-gigs: Call that a night out? 10:33 Sat Jul 21, 2018 | WorldbyStorm
This Weekend I?ll Mostly Be Listening to? Jim Casella 06:16 Sat Jul 21, 2018 | irishelectionliterature
Cedar Lounge >>
National - Event Notice
Saturday February 20 2016
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th