The Party and the Ballot Box Sun Jul 14, 2019 22:24 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
On The Decline and Fall of The American Empire and Socialism Sat Jan 26, 2019 01:52 | S. Duncan
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Oliver Callan: Back in his box
Elaine Byrne: Lacking moral courage to name names Anthony
Real democracies and referendums Anthony
Public Services Card: Some still forced to comply Anthony
Catholic Church: Dark influence still active Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2020/05/28 ? Open Thread Thu May 28, 2020 08:30 | Herb Swanson
2020/05/28 07:30:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
Notification to Patreon Supporters and Subscribers Thu May 28, 2020 02:45 | amarynth
Patreon has started a system of charging sales tax according to jurisdiction. So, if you are a subscriber from say Germany, they will charge VAT according to the German tax
Did Trump just cancel a potential double-war? Thu May 28, 2020 00:58 | The Saker
[this analysis was written for the Unz Review] At this time of writing, it is too early to declare the danger over, but at least three out of five Iranian
Russian Warplanes In Libya Wed May 27, 2020 23:15 | amarynth
South Front The US has finally discovered whom to blame for the ongoing escalation of the conflict in Libya. On May 26, the US African Command (AFRICOM) claimed that Russia
Breaking: Angry Venezuela ambassador slams US Iran threat Wed May 27, 2020 20:50 | The Saker
The Saker >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th