User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

forward

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Increasing pay and productivity? 11:43 Thu Oct 30, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Sinn Feins troubles ? Forcing The Civil War Parties into Coalition? 10:57 Thu Oct 30, 2014 | irishelectionliterature

offsite link Those ?rumours? about Irish Water 05:59 Thu Oct 30, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A revealing aside? 21:16 Wed Oct 29, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Who wants to put together a government in 2015/16? Harder than it was two weeks ago? 18:03 Wed Oct 29, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link EXISTENTIALIST STOCK BUSINESS PHOTOS 12:03 Wed Oct 29, 2014

offsite link Irish Labour Movement 1889-1924: Lecture Six - Syndicalism in Ireland 09:02 Fri Oct 24, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money & Power: Lecture Seven - Bonds and Money Markets 08:26 Thu Oct 23, 2014

offsite link Irish Labour movement 1889-1924: Lecture Five - 1913 Lockout 09:47 Fri Oct 17, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture Six - Tax Havens 07:09 Thu Oct 16, 2014

Dublin Opinion >>

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link Unrealistic Timelines: Water Charges and the Fiscal Deficit Tue Oct 28, 2014 15:14 | Michael Taft

offsite link That Day has Come Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:45 | Anne Irwin

offsite link The Changing Pattern of Foreign Investment in China Wed Oct 22, 2014 13:36 | John Ross

offsite link Welcome to the New Tax Avoidance Scheme, Same as the Old Tax Avoidance Scheme Mon Oct 20, 2014 16:26 | Michael Taft

offsite link Revealed: EU science chief promised to be ?flexible? towards Israel?s war crimes Thu Oct 16, 2014 15:21 | David Cronin

Irish Left Review >>

NAMA Wine Lake

offsite link Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake

offsite link Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake

offsite link Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake

NAMA Wine Lake >>

Minutes for May 6th 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for Tue 6th May 2008 and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Tues 6th May 2008, 9pm - 10:30pm in IFC.
5 members of collective attended

Agenda
1) Process for server failures
2) Recent Bans
3) Reddy's Front Page layout
4) Outreach
5) Quality Issues
6) AOB

1) Process for server failures
It was agreed that all the techies would exchange passwords.

2) It was noted that the recent vote to unban MC. was carried.
Action: Ter to remove ban.

3) Reddy's Front Page
A very rough mockup of this is available at page NewFrontPageDemo. There was some discussion around various designs. It would be desirable to have thumbnail photos and a drop down list of a subset of the main topics to allow further feature selection.
There was some discussion of a promoted newswire and this may be incorporated. Also to check again the UK and NY Indy sites
Action: In 3 weeks to vote on the current front page demo with a view to adopting it as the new front page.

4) Outreach
General discussion said we should focus on people involved in Unions, NGOs and political groups and maybe do this via a focus leaflet distribution to these groups.

James is considering doing a survey. Plan is to do one to sample our readers to determine what are the most important things we should address.

Action 1: Reddy to email the PDF of the text of the leaflet that we had been working on and for this to be placed on a static page on the site.
Action 2: Ter to email results of 2003 limited survey to collective for ideas.
Action 3: Collective to compile a list of potential survey questions

5) Quality Issues.
There was a general discussion about this and about various types of newswires, registered users, voting, promoted newswire and so forth to help remedy low quality. The general consensus was that everyone present would not currently recommend the site to their peers due to lack of quality.

This issue is to be discussed again after the survey is done.

The existing guidelines (No. 8) actually have quite a bit to say about article quality.

6) AOB
a) Ant proposed James & James are given Oscailt ability to edit static pages on site. Motion carried.
b) Ant proposed that Consitution be changed to allow a person to act as a list administrator and moderator at the same time. This is due to limited number of people available. Motion carried.

© 2001-2014 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy