User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

forward

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link That apology over the UKIP song? 22:20 Wed Oct 22, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A spot of bother over the Technical Group and some apparently unwelcome new arrivals 17:33 Wed Oct 22, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A government called hope? 11:31 Wed Oct 22, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link What you want to say ? 22nd October 03:53 Wed Oct 22, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link SF, the IRA and another legacy of the conflict. 19:12 Tue Oct 21, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link Irish Labour movement 1889-1924: Lecture Five - 1913 Lockout 09:47 Fri Oct 17, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture Six - Tax Havens 07:09 Thu Oct 16, 2014

offsite link Irish Labour Movement 1889-1924: Tutorial - Erin?s hope & Class in Ireland 13:44 Mon Oct 13, 2014

offsite link Irish Labour Movement 1889-1924: Lecture Four - Jim Larkin and Larkinism 09:15 Fri Oct 10, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture Five - Market Institutions 19:48 Wed Oct 08, 2014

Dublin Opinion >>

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link The Changing Pattern of Foreign Investment in China Wed Oct 22, 2014 13:36 | John Ross

offsite link Welcome to the New Tax Avoidance Scheme, Same as the Old Tax Avoidance Scheme Mon Oct 20, 2014 16:26 | Michael Taft

offsite link Revealed: EU science chief promised to be ?flexible? towards Israel?s war crimes Thu Oct 16, 2014 15:21 | David Cronin

offsite link Austerity is Over? Now Back to the Real World Wed Oct 15, 2014 17:21 | Michael Taft

offsite link A New Kind of Trade Unionism Emerging Wed Oct 15, 2014 16:24 | Irish Left Review

Irish Left Review >>

NAMA Wine Lake

offsite link Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake

offsite link Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake

offsite link Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake

NAMA Wine Lake >>

Minutes for Oct 20th 2007

This meeting took place on Saturday, 20th of October 2007. Note: This page has still be to properly formatted.
Agenda was:

1) Recent Resignations
General discussion over problems and perspectives took place

* Proposal regarding blog section put forward. It was agreed in principle to look at setting up a selected feed of blogs with compatible principles. Exactly how this will be incorporated into site will be decided when we have done more work on the idea and have seen if there is any interest amongst bloggers. Chekov will try to come up with a preliminary list of bloggers to invite and will attempt to see if there is any interest.

2) Discussion of "other press" category
* Proposal to loosen restrictions on other press type and not to require summaries defeated
* Counter-proposal to tighten restrictions and ensure that they are properly followed unanimously agreed.

3) Outreach
* Unanimously agreed to carry out outreach project involving the circulation of leaflets with information promoting indymedia prepared by Reddy.
* Project will target NGOs, with particular focus on women's groups.
* Anthony will coordinate writing of the text to fill the leaflet
* Mark volunteered to coordinate distribution list
* It was also noted that we need new editors and writers.
* It was agreed that we should hold an event, hopefully for the release of eamonn crudden's new film, including a feature and article writing workshop. (padraig agreed to contact eamonn, seomra spraoi and william H. regarding this).
* Also agreed to hold a day-long event in and around next february to promote indymedia and to raise money. Chekov will coordinate.

4) IP Moniter
* Use of the IP monitor was discussed and the following protocal was agreed: - any moderator can turn it on when they deem it necessary, but they must indicate a reason for the banning (the reason will appear in the edit log and the editor message page). - Any moderator can ban somebody for any length of time, but they must mail the list to indicate the reason for their action and justify the length of the ban. - A proper, worked out schedule for this stuff can be derived from practice. - terry will implemenet the necessary code-changes

5) Video.indymedia.ie
* Ant proposed running an experimental video-uploading site - agreed by all, but we will need to see how it works before there is any integration with current site
* Terry will investigate safe ways of allowing users to embed youtube videos.

6) Finances
* roughly 2,000 in bank - will see us through till next spring in hosting
* chekov will try to re-invigorate "friends of indymedia" idea for february conference.

7) List Administration
* Terry to take over from ant as main list admin, ant will help out with some moderation
* need more volunteers

8) New style front page
* Reddy's proposal for a new style front page (a la NYC) was agreed in principal, but we need to see mock ups and an actual design before we can decide anything.

9) Items put off until next meeting
* site enhancements

Next Meeting: November 14th, 7.30pm, Grehans.

© 2001-2014 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy