User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

forward

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Speaking of that unwanted gift? 16:40 Sun Sep 21, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Ireland and independence 12:43 Sun Sep 21, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Politics, Posters, Protest: British Political Posters 1914 ? Conference, Manchester, October 2014 09:50 Sun Sep 21, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Sunday Independent Stupid Statement of the Week 09:15 Sun Sep 21, 2014 | Garibaldy

offsite link Latest Millward Brown/Sunday Independent Poll 00:06 Sun Sep 21, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link KENNY MAGIC TRICKS 08:39 Thu Sep 18, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture Two - The Development of Money and Banking 06:19 Thu Sep 18, 2014

offsite link Global Finance, Money and Power: Lecture One - The Nature of Money and Credit 10:21 Thu Sep 11, 2014

offsite link MANDATE TRADE UNION TRAINING - IRELAND AND FINANCE (SEP 2014) 08:58 Tue Sep 09, 2014

offsite link I SEE THE CLICHÉ CHICKENS ARE BACK AGAIN TED 10:02 Sat Aug 30, 2014

Dublin Opinion >>

Human Rights in Ireland
www.humanrights.ie

offsite link Conference on EU Counter-Terrorism, Dublin, 13 October Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:36 | Fiona de Londras

offsite link Rooney on Hassan v UK: ?symbiotic approaches?, ?subsequent practices? and amicus curiae Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:13 | GuestPost

offsite link Ireland to ratify complaints mechanism under UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Thu Sep 18, 2014 13:51 | Edel Quinn

offsite link Invitation to Tender: ECHR Act & ECFR in Irish Courts Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 | GuestPost

offsite link PILnet?s 8th Annual European Pro Bono Forum Tue Sep 16, 2014 15:14 | GuestPost

Human Rights in Ireland >>

NAMA Wine Lake

offsite link Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake

offsite link Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake

offsite link Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake

NAMA Wine Lake >>

Minutes for Nov 14th 2007

This contains Meeting Minutes for Nov 14th and the agenda and actions to be taken. Date of the next Indymedia meeting is given
Minutes of Nov 14th Indymedia Meeting from 7:50:pm to 9:10pm
5 People in attendence

Agenda
1) Review actions from previous meeting on Oct 20th 2007
2) Report back On Bristol IMC meeting
3) Site Enhancements
4) New Editors
5) Passwords & Site Stuff

1) Review of Previous meeting minutes and actions
1a) Prv Action: To enforce stricter intrepretation of Other Press category to be carried out. Being done

1b) Prv Action: To contact NGOs for Outreach. Not complete yet. Mark is working on this.

1c) Prv Action: Ant to coordinate writing of text for outreach leaflet. Not complete yet. Ant will work on this and post text to list within a week

1d) Prv Action: To hold an event for Eamons Crudden's new film. Done already in Seomra Spraoi but not organised by Indymedia, although we did a feature article promoting it. Successful night.

1e) Prv Action: To hold an Indy open day/workshops. To be organised. Probably for February.

1f) Prv Action: To implement code changes for transparency of actions with IP monitor. Completed.

1g) Prv Action: To generate automatic email when someone is banned. Not done.
This generated a lot of discussion and two proposals were put forward around IP banning. These were
*Proposal 1: Before a moderator can ban someone, you must provide URL evidence as a means of justifying the ban.
Vote: Not carried. 3 against, 1 for, 1 abstain
Summary: It would further increase the workload.

*Proposal 2: To aim to ban someone for less than or equal to 3 days and not more than 3 days for a 1st time ban
Vote: Motion carried. 5 For.
Action: To implement auto generation of email to list when an IP is banned.

1h) Prv Action: Ant to investigate how to run video on server. Partially completed. Ant has installed bit-torrent tracker software (it coordinates users) and is now ready to start hosting some videos for use with bit-torrent. Proposing to give ftp access to Eamon and maybe Revolt video.
He will continue work and investigation of flash mode.
Action: Static Oscailt page to be updated with info on this and new film Route Irish

1i) Prv Action: Terry to investigate enabling users to post Youtube videos. Partially complete. Code completed and tested and ready to go. Other formats can follow later.
This generated some discussion and a proposal and action
*Proposal: To allow users to embedded You tube video in stories and comments.
Vote: Motion carried. 5 votes for
Action: Ter To write up a story to announce this.

1j) Prv Action: Terry to become list administrator and get trained. Done. Ant provided training. Ant will resign from list administration shortly
Action: Ant to see if James and or C. will come back to List Administration

1k) Prv Action: To review Reddy's proposed new front page. Not done.
This generated discussion and his mockup was reviewed briefly by all those present at the meeting.
In summary, proposed page was generally agreeable, but the limit of only 1 feature was an issue because 2 or more features can help build up for an event. Also to do this properly will very likely require Oscailt code changes.
Action: For each person present, to respond to list with review of Reddys Proposal within 2 weeks

2) Bristol IMC Meeting Report back.
Ter already sent report to lists and resummarized main points.
Action: To investigate implmeneting 1 hour delay on comment publishing like Bristol IMC, except to on a per story rather than per site basis

3) Site Enhancments: It was agreed to postpone this item to the next meeting, but to be at the top of the agenda.

4) New editors
Discussion about getting people involved and our rules about it in the constitution.
Action: To discuss procedures for joining the collective
Action: Padraic to send email to discuss this on the list

5) Passowrds & Site Stuff
Discussion about enforcing 3 month idle rule, except it is not applicable to anyone
Action: Ter to create static Oscailt page(s) of meeting minutes. This can grow to include decisions of the Collective.
Action: Padraic to submit proposal on more relevant site documentation

Next Meeting: Wed 7:30pm to 9pm 12th Dec. Same place. And possibly followed by drinkees.

Agenda - will be:
1) Site Enhancements
2) Front page (Reddys')
3) Outreach

© 2001-2014 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy