Sanctioned by PayPal Thu Aug 04, 2022 21:31 | Anti-Empire
Spain Limits Heating to 19ÂºC, Cooling t... Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 | Associated Press
WHO Declares Monkeypox a â€œGlobal Healt... Sat Jul 23, 2022 21:01 | Apoorva Mandavilli
Zelensky Says Ukrainian KIA Down From Pe... Sat Jul 23, 2022 18:13 | Anti-Empire
German Health Ministry: 1 Severe Adverse... Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 | Matthew Roscoe
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Will the West?s greed and hatred lead to the end of the world? Fri Aug 12, 2022 17:04 | The Saker
By Aram Mirzaei for the Saker blog It can certainly be said that the risk for nuclear war is far greater today than it was less a year ago. Ever
Short week-end news and music Fri Aug 12, 2022 16:44 | The Saker
First, I am delighted to announce that the Latam Saker (Latin America – in Spanish and Portuguese) is back up and running. However, please write down and bookmark its new
Samarkand at the crossroads: from Timur to the BRI and SCO Fri Aug 12, 2022 02:44 | The Saker
From its ancient Silk Road role to China?s BRI project, Uzbekistan is set to remain an important geoeconomic hub in Central Asia by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author?s permission
Qi, the Force ? The Universe Does Not Follow a Hollywood Script Fri Aug 12, 2022 02:42 | The Saker
by Nora Hoppe for the Saker blog Various notes and reflections by Nora Hoppe Judging by the many reactions of various journalists, analysts and lay persons around the world (chiefly
Sensor Fusion and Uncertainties Thu Aug 11, 2022 22:02 | The Saker
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
The Saker >>
News Round-Up Sat Aug 13, 2022 00:16 | Jonathan Barr
A summary of all the most interesting stories that have appeared about politicians? efforts to control the virus ? and other acts of hubris and folly ? not just in Britain, but around the world.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Salman Rushdie Stabbed in New York Fri Aug 12, 2022 17:21 | Toby Young
The writer Salman Rushdie was stabbed earlier today while speaking on stage at an event in Buffalo, New York. He was air-lifted to hospital where his condition is unknown.
The post Salman Rushdie Stabbed in New York appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
If the Hallett Inquiry Says There Was No Alternative to Lockdown in Light of Neil Ferguson?s Apocaly... Fri Aug 12, 2022 16:30 | Nick Rendell
We were told there was no alternative to lockdown after Neil Ferguson warned of 200,000 deaths. But official UK inquiries into previous pandemics described modellers as 'court astrologers' and advised scepticism.
The post If the Hallett Inquiry Says There Was No Alternative to Lockdown in Light of Neil Ferguson?s Apocalyptic Modelling, We’ll Know it’s a Whitewash appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Karol Sikora: ?I Was Called a Killer For Warning of Lockdown Harms? Fri Aug 12, 2022 14:53 | Toby Young
Karol Sikora was accused of endangering people's lives by warning against turning the NHS into a Covid-only service during the lockdowns. Now, predictably, over 300,000 people are on NHS England's cancer waiting list.
The post Karol Sikora: ?I Was Called a Killer For Warning of Lockdown Harms? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Ivan Katchanovski Responds to Ian Rons Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:09 | Noah Carl
Ukrainian-Canadian academic Ivan Katchanovski argues that the Maidan massacre was a false flag operation carried out by the Ukrainian far-right. Here he responds to a recent article criticising his work.
The post Ivan Katchanovski Responds to Ian Rons appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Voltairenet.org is taking a hiatus Thu Jul 14, 2022 20:47 | en
Paradoxes of Russophobia Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 | en
EU-Russia agreement on supplying Kaliningrad Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:26 | en
Political destabilization plagues the West Thu Jul 14, 2022 05:40 | en
Ukraine destroys its Nova Kakhovka factory Wed Jul 13, 2022 07:53 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Massacre of Dolphins Cover Up!
animal rights |
Friday August 29, 2008 16:52 by ALiberation - ALiberation aliberationnow at gmail dot com www.vegaplanet.org 086 3203643
Save Japan’s Dolphins Day 3rd Sept 2008
Each year, from October to March, more than 20,000 dolphins and porpoises are killed by fishermen in Japan.
These dolphins are killed to supply the meat trade, to suppress competition, to prevent pressure on the Whaling and Tuna fish industry and to sell dolphins to aquariums and dolpinariums
Massacre of Dolphins Cover Up!
Save Japan’s Dolphins Day 3rd Sept 2008
An international day of protest will be held on Sept 3rd to call on the Japanese authorities to ban the horrific killing of dolphins, porpoises and other small whales.
ALiberation will once again participate in this global protest. Please join us outside the Japanese Embassy.
When : 3rd of Sept 2008.
Time : 1pm
Where : Japanese Embassy
Phone: 086 3203643, Ed
• Each year, from October to March, more than 20,000 dolphins and porpoises are killed by fishermen in Japan.
• These dolphins are killed to supply the meat trade, to suppress competition, to prevent pressure on the Whaling and Tuna fish industry and to sell dolphins to aquariums and dolpinariums.
• The fishermen have admitted that a cover up is necessary to maintain this business that is little known about in Japan. Dolphin meat sold in supermarkets of Japan has been found to contain mercury levels of 36 times the recommended levels issued by the Health, Labour and Welfare Ministry of Japan. Many supermarkets refuse to stock dolphin meat but despite this the Japanese Government subsidizes this industry by using dolphin meat in school lunch programs.
• The extent of the cover up is revealed by the silence from both the Japanese Government and Japanese media, which is contrary to Article 21 (2) of the Japanese Constitution which states “No censorship shall be maintained, nor shall the secrecy of any means of communication be violated.”
• Dolphins that are young and unblemished are chosen directly at the bay by dolphin trainers who are keen to keep this cruel industry alive. A dead dolphin is worth about $700 but a live dolphin for a dolphinarium, aquarium or a “swim with dolphins” business can fetch $154,000.
• The fishermen in villages like Taiji go out in small boats to known dolphin migratory routes. Positioning their boats strategically, they space out to form a line and wait for the dolphins. When the dolphins arrive, the fishermen lower stainless steel poles into the water, and by banging on the poles they create a wall of sound underwater. The sound interferes with the dolphins' ability to navigate - it disorients and panics them. The dolphins swim away from the sound and the fisherman herd them into a small hidden bay. Once in the bay, nets are drawn across the mouth of the bay to keep them penned in. They panic as nets close in, forcing them to remain trapped in a confined space.
• The fishermen return the next day at sunrise to kill the dolphins, slashing their throats with knives or stabbing them with spears. The water turns red with their blood, and the air fills with their screams.
• Although officially, the dolphins are killed to supply dolphin meat to the Japanese population, the hidden reasons behind it has to do more with suppressing competition. Ignoring the problem of human over-fishing, the fishermen prefer to blame the dolphins for eating too much fish, therefore, supported by the government, eradicate as many dolphins as possible to keep the fishes for themselves.
• One of the main reasons that the killing continues is that very few people around the world even know it is happening. The majority of people in Japan are also totally unaware of this annual government-sanctioned dolphin blood bath.
• The only way to put an end to this barbaric practice is to put pressure on the authorities in Tokyo, so they stop giving permits to the fishermen.
• By ignoring the interests and rights of the dolphins, porpoises, whales and other animals and by the Japanese government, media and fishermen ignoring the Japanese constitution, then Japans Fishermen will continue this blood bath until this cover up is exposed.
For more info on the dolphin slaughter, visit:
Caption: Embedded video Youtube Video
Embedded audio: http://www.seashepherd.org/taiji/taiji_video.html