no events posted in last week
â€˜Reduced Serviceâ€™ Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:37 | Anti-Empire
Inconvenient Questions for the â€œSpecia... Wed Jun 15, 2022 16:32 | Anti-Empire
Who Dares Apply Anti-Interventionist Ana... Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:15 | Anti-Empire
Kiev Puts Its Military Deaths at 10,000 ... Mon Jun 13, 2022 05:58 | Anti-Empire
Rosgvard Wasnâ€™t Told Theyâ€™d Be Going... Sun Jun 12, 2022 14:24 | Rolo Slavsky
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Andrei Martyanov: July Aviation and Hypersonics Fri Jul 01, 2022 23:02 | amarynth
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
Letter from Faina Savenkova: The more you grow up, the more you realise that the world is unfair Fri Jul 01, 2022 18:58 | amarynth
Faina Savenkova, 13, Lugansk The more you grow up, the more you realise that the world is unfair. When the war in Donbass began eight years ago, few could have
?? We Are Z Fri Jul 01, 2022 16:29 | amarynth
By Batiushka for the Saker Blog The Schloss Elmau, ?a Luxury Spa Retreat and Cultural Hideaway? was a very suitable location at the end of June 2022 for the G7
Europe fails with German help Fri Jul 01, 2022 14:45 | amarynth
by Jorge Vilches for the Saker Blog Robert Habeck, Vice-Chancellor of Germany and Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Climate Action, jointly with Annalena Baerbock — Germany´s Anglophile Minister of
Sitrep Operation Z: SloMo Collapse Fri Jul 01, 2022 14:39 | amarynth
By Saker Staff for the Saker Blog Let us deal with Snake Island first as the level of noise is unbelievable. Snake Island in the Black sea will remain under
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
RTE bias complaint
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Humanity: Zero chance of survival Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Voltaire, international edition
EU exempts Suwalki Corridor from Russia sanctions Fri Jul 01, 2022 20:31 | en
New documents implicate Banderites Fri Jul 01, 2022 17:57 | en
EU flag installed in Ukrainian Parliament Fri Jul 01, 2022 16:41 | en
Ecstasy lab seized on Kleine-Brogel NATO base Thu Jun 30, 2022 07:33 | en
Discordance among Israeli officials over Iran Thu Jun 30, 2022 07:10 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Search words: tara
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012