no events posted in last week
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
New Books Worth Reading Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:25 | Seán Sheehan
13 Billion ? Lucky for some? Mon Sep 05, 2016 13:04 | Tony Phillips
Rebuilding Ireland: Long on Promise, Short on Detail Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:20 | Eoin O'Mahony
Brexit and Other Issues: Comments on the Current Situation Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:52 | Brendan Young
Bin Charges: From Private Circus to Public Service Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 | Michael Taft
Irish Left Review >>
Interview with Cathal Goulding Mon Dec 26, 2016 17:11 | Cathal Goulding
Trump, Russia and the CIA Sat Dec 10, 2016 18:23 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Why is my rent so high? Mon Oct 31, 2016 18:51 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Review of Capitalism: Competition, Conflict, Crises by Anwar Shaikh Sun Oct 30, 2016 16:21 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Electoralism vs Abstentionism (Or: Why You Should Run For Office) Fri Aug 26, 2016 17:07 | Slyvia Smith
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Catholic Church: The brutal truth
Catholic Church: Crimes against humanity Anthony
Fergus Finlay: Damaged by vile corruption? Anthony
Zimbabwe – Ireland: Same difference Anthony
Coveney and Varadkar: The battle of the balls Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Belarus March 2017 SITREP Sun Mar 26, 2017 00:49 | Scott
I haven’t written much about Belarus, and many reliable analysts also have been careful not to say anything, because everyone understood that Belarus would be next to be hit by
Israeli Airstrikes Contribute To Further Escalation Of Syrian Conflict Sat Mar 25, 2017 15:44 | Scott
https://southfront.org/israeli-airstr... If you?re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support the project. Our work wouldn?t be possible without your help: PayPal: email@example.com or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ or
Could the fire at the Europe?s largest munitions depot be Ben Hodges?s fault? Sat Mar 25, 2017 01:30 | Scott
After hitting rock bottom will Ukraine begin to rise again? Hitting a rock bottom can be very educational, as I found out this week. After I dropped a piece of
Speech of Lavrov at the Military Academy of the General Staff Fri Mar 24, 2017 18:00 | Scott
Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov?s remarks and answers to questions during a lecture for senior officers of the Military Academy of the General Staff, Moscow, March 23, 2017 23 March
Balakleya munitions depot disaster Ukraine SITREP Thu Mar 23, 2017 21:54 | Scott
In Balakleya Tochka-U and Grad missiles explosions over the town, 24 hours of this On the night of March 23, a fire broke out on the territory of the military
The Saker >>
Search words: tara
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012