no events posted in last week
What is Dogmatism and Why Does It Matter? Wed Mar 21, 2018 08:10 | Sylvia Smith
The Case of Comrade Dallas Mon Mar 19, 2018 19:44 | Sylvia Smith
Review: Do Religions Evolve? Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:54 | Dara McHugh
Fake News: The Epistemology of Media Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Officials and Provisionals Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:54 | James O'Brien
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Michael Clifford and the dark evils of Social Media
RTE presenter accidentally tells the truth Anthony
Orwell’s 1984 arrives in 2018 Ireland Anthony
Elaine Byrne: Not speaking full truth to power Anthony
Israel/Ireland: Corruption comparison Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2018/06/25 ? Open Thread Mon Jun 25, 2018 13:30 | Herb Swanson
2018/06/25 12:30:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
100,000 Chinese going to the World Cup in Russia, with no team to cheer for Mon Jun 25, 2018 03:59 | The Saker
by Jeff J. Brown for The Saker Blog Crosslinked with: http://chinarising.puntopress.com/201... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1GCS... https://soundcloud.com/44-days/100000... Inconsolable Chinese football fans, who, in spite of not having a national team to root for, are
Scarlet Sails High School graduation party in Saint Petersburg 24.06.2018 Sun Jun 24, 2018 22:14 | Scott
Iraq on the move: the Muqdata Al-Sadr Factor Sun Jun 24, 2018 19:01 | The Saker
by Ghassan and Intibah Kadi for The Saker Blog The recent developments following the 12th of May 2018 elections in Iraq put the country on a potential new course. What
Anti-Catastrophe ? Information vs Degradation Sat Jun 23, 2018 20:58 | The Saker
By Rostislav Ishchenko Translated by Ollie Richardson and Angelina Siard cross posted with http://www.stalkerzone.org/rostislav-... source: http://actualcomment.ru/antikatastrof... June 22nd – the day the most bloody war in the history of Russia
The Saker >>
Search words: tara
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012