no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Diarmaid Ferriter: Denial and the language of cute hoorism
Fianna Fail liars Anthony
RTE journalist Claire Byrne brings Fine Gael TD Alan Farrell to heel Anthony
Is the establishment media finally waking up to political corruption? Anthony
Bus strikers beat themselves up Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Trip to Moscow, by the Geneva Observer Sun Apr 30, 2017 00:27 | Scott
Hello Scott, We have safely arrived from Geneva, both very tired (both of us had to get up at 5am). I am quickly having to learn the Cyrillic alphabet
Douce France Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:40 | The Saker
by Jimmie Moglia ?Douce France, cher pays de mon enfance? – so goes the song [Sweet France, dear country of my infancy]. I did not grow up in France, but
Russia on the long and difficult path to true civilizational identity Fri Apr 28, 2017 16:14 | The Saker
This article was written for the Unz Review: http://www.unz.com/tsaker/russia-on-t... By now you must have heard it ? Putin is ?persecuting the Jeohvah’s Witnesses? in Russia. Alas, this one is true.
Syrian War Report ? April 28, 2017: Govt Forces Advance On Multiple Fronts Fri Apr 28, 2017 15:38 | Scott
https://southfront.org/syrian-war-rep... If you?re able, and if you like our content and approach, please support the project. Our work wouldn?t be possible without your help: PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ or
BREAKING: Personal message from Xi Jinping to Vladimir Putin: our friendship is unbreakable Thu Apr 27, 2017 22:15 | The Saker
by Alexander Mercouris for The Duran Chinese President Xi Jinping sends personal message of friendship to Russian President Putin on China’s behalf, scotching attempt by US to make trouble between
The Saker >>
Human Rights-Based Integration Policy and the New ?Migrant Integration Strategy? Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 | Cliodhna Murphy
The Citizens Assembly Proposals: A Draft Bill Tue Apr 25, 2017 20:42 | admin
NUI Galway Announce New Director of Irish Centre for Human Rights Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:50 | Eoin Daly
Barriers to first trimester abortion care. Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 | admin
Why would any country put abortion in the Constitution? Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:28 | Máiréad Enright
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Sunday Independent Stupid Statement of the Week: DIY 10:02 Sun Apr 30, 2017 | Garibaldy
SBP/RedC Poll 19:50 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Green Sleeves: The Irish Printed Record Cover, 1955 ? 2017 12:14 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | guestposter
Selling the family silver? 12:12 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Sacrilege?. 12:09 Sat Apr 29, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
Search words: tara
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012