no events posted in last week
Sanctioned by PayPal Thu Aug 04, 2022 21:31 | Anti-Empire
Spain Limits Heating to 19ÂºC, Cooling t... Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 | Associated Press
WHO Declares Monkeypox a â€œGlobal Healt... Sat Jul 23, 2022 21:01 | Apoorva Mandavilli
Zelensky Says Ukrainian KIA Down From Pe... Sat Jul 23, 2022 18:13 | Anti-Empire
German Health Ministry: 1 Severe Adverse... Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 | Matthew Roscoe
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
The Second Coming of the Heartland Sun Aug 14, 2022 19:25 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author?s permission and widely cross-posted It?s tempting to visualize the overwhelming collective West debacle as a rocket, faster than free fall, plunging into the
We will come after you! Message for the Ukronazi terrorists Sun Aug 14, 2022 04:51 | The Saker
What War, Mr. Kissinger? Sat Aug 13, 2022 22:27 | The Saker
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
Guo Xi and the Great Emptiness ? in Times of the Collapse of the West Sat Aug 13, 2022 21:14 | The Saker
by Nora Hoppe and Tariq Marzbaan for the Saker blog Notes and reflections by Nora Hoppe and Tariq Marzbaan Foreword: This contribution does not intend to provide a profound analysis
A Tale of Two Cities Sat Aug 13, 2022 16:33 | The Saker
By Batiushka for The Saker (With Apologies to Charles Dickens) Moscow and Washington It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Voltaire, international edition
Voltairenet.org is taking a hiatus Thu Jul 14, 2022 20:47 | en
Paradoxes of Russophobia Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 | en
EU-Russia agreement on supplying Kaliningrad Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:26 | en
Political destabilization plagues the West Thu Jul 14, 2022 05:40 | en
Ukraine destroys its Nova Kakhovka factory Wed Jul 13, 2022 07:53 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Search words: Tara
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012