Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
New Books Worth Reading Mon Sep 19, 2016 23:25 | Seán Sheehan
13 Billion ? Lucky for some? Mon Sep 05, 2016 13:04 | Tony Phillips
Rebuilding Ireland: Long on Promise, Short on Detail Mon Aug 29, 2016 22:20 | Eoin O'Mahony
Brexit and Other Issues: Comments on the Current Situation Mon Aug 29, 2016 21:52 | Brendan Young
Bin Charges: From Private Circus to Public Service Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:38 | Michael Taft
Irish Left Review >>
Fake News: The Epistemology of Media Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:52 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Officials and Provisionals Sat Apr 01, 2017 22:54 | James O'Brien
Interview with Cathal Goulding Mon Dec 26, 2016 17:11 | Cathal Goulding
Trump, Russia and the CIA Sat Dec 10, 2016 18:23 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Why is my rent so high? Mon Oct 31, 2016 18:51 | Gavin Mendel-Gleason
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
State failing in its duty to enforce law
Elaine Byrne/Fergus Finlay: Afraid to condemn their own? Anthony
Jobstown trial exposes mainstream bias Anthony
RTE: Blatant censorship and manipulation of news Anthony
In the event of a terrorist attack…in Ireland Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake
Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake
Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake
NAMA Wine Lake >>
Statement on the Launch of Pairtí Cumannach na Poblachta
Friday November 02, 2012 16:19 by CPIR - Páirtí Cummanach na Poblachta
On Saturday, the 27th of October, 2012, a meeting was held to confirm the founding of Páirtí Cummanach na Poblachta, the Communist Party of the Irish Republic, and to agree on the adoption of the Constitution of the Party. Officers were elected to the various posts that were deemed necessary, for a term of one year – recallable at all times.
We invite all Communists and Anti-imperialists to join the CPIR, or support it in it’s great task. We thank all those organizations in Ireland and abroad, who have kept the flame of genuine Revolution burning, and who have defended Ireland's sovereignty all through the years, and look forward to working with them. The opening paragraphs of the Constitution are as follows:
Constitution of Páirtí Cummanach na Poblachta
1. The Party shall be known as Páirtí Cummanach na Poblachta, (Communist Party of the Irish Republic.) The Party declares its allegiance to the All Ireland Workers Republic, Poblacht na gCuspóirí.
2. The Party envisages the evolution of a federated structure of institutions of the Republic, and recognises that such a federation shall arise as an organic development of those institutions, referent to the inalienable Sovereignty of the Workers Republic.
3. The Party shall not seek to have any special or independent position amongst the institutions of the Republic, and shall at all times defer to the sovereign institutions of the Workers Republic.
4. The role of the Party is to assist, promote and facilitate the building of the institutions of the Workers Republic and to promote the downfall of those bodies, which stand in the way of the Workers Republic. The Party recognises that its role is temporary and that if the sovereign civilian institutions of the Workers Republic democratically determine that this work no longer requires the assistance of the Party, that the Party shall consent to dissolve.
The Aims and Principles of the Party are:
5. To end the illegal and imperial occupation of Ireland by the British State, which, by its nature, divides the Irish Working Class and inhibits our class consciousness, and, thus, our historic role in becoming the Universal Revolutionary Class, i.e. that class which will end all classes through the collective ownership of the Means of Production, thus ending the reduction of human beings to the level of means-to-ends, and, thus, liberating our true being as ends-in-ourselves.
6. To restore the Irish Language, our National Language, to its rightful and historic place as the spoken language of the Irish Nation.
7. To effect the transfer of the ownership of the productive land of Ireland, and all other Means of Production, from individual ownership to the collective ownership of the whole People of Ireland, in the form of the Workers Republic, and the control of these Means of Production through the exercise of universal Direct Democracy.
8. To work for the material, intellectual and spiritual development of the Irish People, and all our brothers and sisters, the Children of the Earth.
9. To organise members of the Working Class independently of those structures and institutions that, by their nature, are controlled by classes that believe themselves to have conflicting interests to the interests of Universal Revolutionary Class, and are, thus, in contradiction to the ending of class division, exploitation, imperialist domination and war.
10. To create, sustain, protect and advance structures, which are wholly owned and controlled democratically by the Universal Class ourselves.
11. To promote non-hierarchical relations between such structures and the Working Class, and between the structures themselves.
12. To encourage and develop solidarity between such structures, and between Working Class people as individuals, and in their communal friendship, and thus generate and strengthen the Spirit of the Communion of the Workers of the Earth, i.e. the Universal Class, the Revolutionary Proletariat.
13. To raise the consciousness of the members of the Working Class that only by taking responsibility for their own organisation can they advance their own interests, and to help educate the current exploiters of the Working Class, i.e. the “owners” of the Means of Production and those hired by the exploiters to corral human labour, and reduce it to a commodity, whether by armed \ police force, miseducation, media seduction, or “management,” and hired by the exploiters to expropriate and control, for their hirers, the Surplus Value accumulated from the reduction of human labour to a commodity, that their current actions are contrary to human dignity and freedom, and that the only ethical action to take is to step forward into the becoming of the Universal Revolutionary Class.
Ard-Rúnaí, Partí Cumannach na Poblachta
2nd November 2012