User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds


Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link Diamaid Ferriter: Mean-spirited in giving credit to Atheist Ireland

offsite link Fintan O’Toole: Falling for the myth that the people are to blame Anthony

offsite link Tom Lyons: A journalist unlikely to ask the tough questions Anthony

offsite link Breaking news: Sinn Fein responsible for IBRC farce Anthony

offsite link Atheist Ireland banned while Iona Institute enjoys full access to schools Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

The Saker
A bird's eye view of the vineyard

offsite link Latin America SITREP December 1st, 2015 by Jack J. Tue Dec 01, 2015 00:39 | Scott
The Shifting Pink Tide Kirchnerism is out of the presidency in Argentina but remains a force to be reckoned with, controlling both houses of congress, whilst Kirchner herself is free

offsite link International Military Review ? Syria, November 30, 2015 Mon Nov 30, 2015 16:57 | Scott
Help produce more actual and interesting content, join our struggle by donating via PayPal: or via: The Syrian Arab Army (SAA) has deployed newly-arrived Russian T-90 advanced battle

offsite link Open Thread while awaiting Saker?s Return on Wednesday Mon Nov 30, 2015 14:40 | Saker-Admin
Here is an open thread for the Saker community to discuss current events. Photo is of Turkish armor moving to Syrian border … webmaster

offsite link Crimea SITREP ? by Auslander Mon Nov 30, 2015 13:58 | Saker-Admin
SitRep Sevastopol and Krimea 30.11.2015 While citizens in Sevastopol are getting used to the deprivations from the power cut off, the lack of power is still extant. 1. Russia Army

offsite link Short message from the Saker Mon Nov 30, 2015 08:07 | The Saker
Dear friends, I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for being unable to work on the blog for the past week.  The trip to bury my

The Saker >>

Human Rights in Ireland

offsite link Open Letter: Recognition of the Travelling Community as an Ethnic Minority in Ireland Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 | Liam Thornton

offsite link The Labour Party #repealthe8th Proposals: An Analysis Wed Nov 25, 2015 20:11 | Fiona de Londras

offsite link Book Launch: International Human Rights: Perspectives from Ireland, 8 December 2015 Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 | Liam Thornton

offsite link FLAC: 2016 Thomas Addis Emmet Fellowship Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:04 | Liam Thornton

offsite link The Green Party?s Reproductive Rights Policy: An Appraisal Tue Nov 17, 2015 07:55 | Fiona de Londras

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link Election debates format time? 08:01 Tue Dec 01, 2015 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Another November?  11:48 Mon Nov 30, 2015 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Attendance at Mass 10:19 Mon Nov 30, 2015 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Whatever you say (LP TDs), say nothing 09:14 Mon Nov 30, 2015 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Left Archive: Books for Anarchists, WSM Bookservice, Summer/Winter 1998, Workers? Solidarity Movemen... 08:12 Mon Nov 30, 2015 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Minutes for Feb 2nd 2008

This contains Meeting Minutes for 2nd Feb and the agenda and actions to be taken.
Attendees: 4 people attended
Time: 12:30pm to 1:15:pm

1) Hosting of more torrent files/films
2) Videos Disabled
3) Open Day
4) Recruits/Features.

1) Discussion: About need to upload more films for torrent format.
a) Ant to to write page about how to upload torrent file and what to do.

2) Videos are disabled because we don't have enough bandwidth. Existing bandwidth is around 10Mb/s and we already use 50%.
a) To write up a page describing how and where to upload videos and link to them. i.e. to

3) Open Day: Discussion around this really ended up about having a stall on the Anarchist book fair on Mar 15th and maybe having a open meeting to tell people about how to get involved. The aims agreed were to try and get the Outreach leaflet ready for it.
a) Ant will take to Eamon C about getting CDs for Route Irish film, having a stall and maybe showing a film.
b) Chkov to get the Outreach PDF from Reddy and to edit it for the text and images as part of preparation.
c) Mark, to make up pamphelets of existing recent good stories for distribution at the stall. d) Mark to follow up investigating if we can get Indymedia T-shirts, and associated costs etc.
e) Action to write up a story on Indy, requesting designs / help for T-Shirts.

4) Recruits/ Features.
Some discussion about recruitment of new moderators and how to get people interested, particularly in joining the email lists. It was suggested we need to document our decisions on the Indy static pages to help people speed up the learning process about the in and outs of Indymedia and thus enable them to get involved, understand the process, and contribute. There was also some discussion about emphasing to readers that Indy does not endorse everything that is written on the site. And some consideration to be given to writing features that fall on the criticism side.
a) Ant volunteered to try and get one feature out at the end of every week.

Next meeting to be on Sat, March 1st 2008
Agenda will be focused on Indy stall at bookfair on March 15th

© 2001-2015 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy