no events posted in last week
Ukraine Buys Huge Amounts of Russian Fue... Fri Jan 20, 2023 08:34 | Antonia Kotseva
Turkey Has Sent Ukraine Cluster Munition... Thu Jan 12, 2023 00:26 | Jack Detsch
New Israeli Government Promises to Talk ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 21:13 | Al Majadeen
Russia Training Iranian Pilots Ahead of ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:19 | The Times of Israel
Lukashenko Abolishes Copyright Protectio... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:05 | Nikki Main
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Alternative Copy of thesaker.is site is available Thu May 25, 2023 14:38 | Ice-Saker-V6bKu3nz
Alternative site: https://thesaker.si/saker-a... Site was created using the downloads provided Regards Herb
The Saker blog is now frozen Tue Feb 28, 2023 23:55 | The Saker
Dear friends As I have previously announced, we are now “freezing” the blog. We are also making archives of the blog available for free download in various formats (see below).
What do you make of the Russia and China Partnership? Tue Feb 28, 2023 16:26 | The Saker
by Mr. Allen for the Saker blog Over the last few years, we hear leaders from both Russia and China pronouncing that they have formed a relationship where there are
Moveable Feast Cafe 2023/02/27 ? Open Thread Mon Feb 27, 2023 19:00 | cafe-uploader
2023/02/27 19:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The stage is set for Hybrid World War III Mon Feb 27, 2023 15:50 | The Saker
Pepe Escobar for the Saker blog A powerful feeling rhythms your skin and drums up your soul as you?re immersed in a long walk under persistent snow flurries, pinpointed by
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony
Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Voltaire, international edition
The Zelensky lie is coming to an end, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Sep 26, 2023 07:02 | en
Canadian Parliament honors SS veteran Mon Sep 25, 2023 15:13 | en
Voltaire, International Newsletter N°53 Fri Sep 22, 2023 15:00 | en
Commander-in-chief of Ukrainian armed forces accused of high treason, says BBC Fri Sep 22, 2023 05:48 | en
US Congress rejects President Zelensky'speech Fri Sep 22, 2023 04:44 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Search words: education
Urgent: Job Vacancy
Monday July 12, 2010 17:52 by LASC - Latin America Solidarity Centre
Position: Volunteers & Membership Officer
Community Employment Post based in the
LATIN AMERICA SOLIDARITY CENTRE LASC
Applicants must be in receipt of state benefit for 52 weeks or longer
Volunteers & Membership Officer
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer facilitates the relationships
between members and volunteers and those managing and working in the Centre.
An interest in solidarity issues an advantage
• Research, update, collate, develop and communicate (to staff and volunteers) volunteer policy and procedures.
• Identifying areas of possible volunteer recruitment and volunteering opportunities within LASC.
• Preparing and updating volunteers and members’ introduction / information pack.
• Recruit, screen, select, induct, match, place and support volunteers. Areas where volunteers are typically needed in LASC: Fundraising, Development education and Solidarity events, LASC’s stall, administration and publicity jobs (leaflet distribution, mailings…), Research, translating and interpreting, editorial tasks, etc.
• Drafting volunteer job descriptions for long term volunteers or volunteers in charge of a project. This will be done jointly with the relevant staff member who is working with the volunteer.
• Manage volunteers at events (draft rosters, brief them, pay them expenses, etc).
• Obtaining volunteer feedback – volunteer appraisals.
• Maintaining relevant databases for members and volunteers such as:
• Active / former volunteers and members
• Attendance at / completed training
• Jobs carried out and roles taken on by specific volunteers / members
• Prepare reports and updates as appropriate.
• Attend appropriate training as required regarding best practice in working with volunteers and other skill development training.
• Liaise and network with other organisations working in the area of voluntary work.
• Communication with LASC’s membership:
o Create and manage members’ and volunteers email group.
o Ensuring letters are sent in reminding people to subscribe. They should be sent in October (pre-AGM) and in March (pre-LAW)
o Ensuring members are informed of LASC’s upcoming events by subscribing them to email bulletin and by sending them emails with publicity for specific events
• Organising Annual General Meeting each November
o Collecting and collating nominations to Executive Committee
o Ensuring members receive Financial Report, Annual Report and AGM notification and committee nominations 3 weeks before AGM, and other such communications as deemed necessary.
o Booking venue and organising logistics
o Recruiting volunteers for AGM (for note taking, facilitating, manning the stall, etc)
• Liaising with editorial committee to ensure membership’s newsletter Chaski is published 3 times a year. It is the responsibility of the Membership Officer to lead and remind the committee of the deadlines and to send Chaski to members in good time.
• Membership management. Work with committee member in charge of membership to explore options for involving, motivating and recruiting members. Getting feedback on membership involvement / communication with members.
• Organising Members and Volunteers’ Open Night twice per year in LASC’s office.
Send your CV and letter of motivation to:
City Centre Voluntary Groups Ltd.,
29/30 Dame St., Dublin 2
Telephone: 01 6772308 Fax: 01 6772312