no events match your query!
no events posted in last week
Secretive Irish Climate Science Denier Group Steps Up 'Bizarre' Parliamentary Lobbying 22:27 Sep 27 0 comments
EU Commission proposes new strict EU-wide rules on single-use plastics 12:29 May 29 0 comments
Protecting WIldlife in Ireland from Hedge Cutting and Gorse Burning 23:37 Feb 23 0 comments
WRECK THE « CLIMATE CHANCE » SUMMIT! At Nantes, France, from 26 to 28 September 2016 20:04 Jul 17 0 comments
Why the corporate capture of COP21 means we must Kick Big Polluters Out of climate policy 22:47 Dec 03 3 commentsmore >>
Ukraine Buys Huge Amounts of Russian Fue... Fri Jan 20, 2023 08:34 | Antonia Kotseva
Turkey Has Sent Ukraine Cluster Munition... Thu Jan 12, 2023 00:26 | Jack Detsch
New Israeli Government Promises to Talk ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 21:13 | Al Majadeen
Russia Training Iranian Pilots Ahead of ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:19 | The Times of Israel
Lukashenko Abolishes Copyright Protectio... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:05 | Nikki Main
Human Rights in IrelandA Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
What if Putin Falls From Power? Sun May 28, 2023 17:00 | Toby Young
Why Should I Spend £40,000 Making My House More Energy Efficient, Given It Will Take 25 Years to Ear... Sun May 28, 2023 15:00 | Guy de la Bédoyère
Deliberately Exaggerating the Risks of Climate Change is Undermining Public Trust in Science and Des... Sun May 28, 2023 13:00 | Chris Morrison
Starmer Will Block All New North Sea Oil and Gas Developments Sun May 28, 2023 11:00 | Toby Young
The Lockdown Files Live Sun May 28, 2023 09:00 | Toby Young
Voltaire NetworkVoltaire, international edition
Armenia cedes Nagorno-Karabakh to Azerbaijan Fri May 26, 2023 04:36 | en
Voltaire, International Newsletter, n°41 Wed May 24, 2023 07:15 | en
Armenia ready to abandon Nagorno-Karabakh Tue May 23, 2023 09:14 | en
The Growing War Cost on Our Shoulders, by Manlio Dinucci Tue May 23, 2023 08:40 | en
The moment of truth in Ukraine, by Thierry Meyssan Tue May 23, 2023 07:02 | en
Shell Begins Onshore Pipeline Works Without Planning Permission.
mayo | environment | news report Tuesday October 13, 2009 22:38 by Shelver - Rossport Solidarity Camp
Shell have begun work on the route of the onshore Corrib gas pipeline, without waiting for the verdict of the oral hearing into the application, which is due later this month.
Yesterday morning heavy machinery moved into the bog in Aughoose, Pullathomas where Shell plan to make one of two pipeline crossings under Sruth Fhada Chonn Estuary SAC & SPA (Special Area of Conservation & Special Protected Area). Flatbed trucks delivered planks to the site which were then laid as a floating road on the bog to facilitate further work.
View Comments Titles Only
Comments (1 of 1)Jump To Comment: 1
Deadline for submissions against Shell`s application for a Forshore Licence is on 18th of October, which is Sunday so submissions should be in by Friday of this week.
There is couple of good reasons to use in submissions such as that
- Shell is currently in contempt of court and remains so up to close of application period.
- The vessel used in site investigations upon which this application relies, the MV Eagle was operating without proper licence until brought to the attention of the relevant authorities by the local community.
- Given its global record (once more under Federal investigation in the US) the applicant is not a fit and proper entity to which a Licence may be granted having due regard to the principles of sustainable development and the common good.
- The application does not provide details of future extensification plans other than mention of an intervention pit (true purpose unspecified) which may be an indicator of such plans.
- The level of environmental destruction in SAC/SPA areas is in inverse proportion to serving local or national interests.
- The applicant has been in numerous breaches of consents, both current and previous, from 2002 to date and continues to show a reckless disregard towards the sensitive environment in which it has been allowed to operate.
Written submissions may be made to the
Department of Agriculture Fisheries and food,
Coastal Zone Management Division
Quoting Ref: MS56/11 vol. 20
in relation to the effects on the environment of the proposed development and may also include objections to or representations in relation to the grant of a Licence for the proposed works
Foreshore Licence Application