For Lefties too Stubborn to Quit
Small blip 21:00 Sun May 19, 2013 | doctorfive
Sunday Independent Entertaining Statement of the Week 14:30 Sun May 19, 2013 | Garibaldy
The Parallel Universe of the Fine Gael Back Bench 13:26 Sun May 19, 2013 | Garibaldy
Work life balance? sort of? 09:51 Sun May 19, 2013 | WorldbyStorm
Spring 2013 edition of Resistance 09:49 Sun May 19, 2013 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting
In God?s Country 00:39 Mon May 13, 2013
Fishy Talks Galway, 13 May 2013 13:36 Sun May 12, 2013
The Indo: Think I Know The Choice I?d Make.. 17:22 Thu May 09, 2013
Alan Ahearne, Johnny Boy 13:24 Mon May 06, 2013
Who Benefits from Austerity? Mechanics Institute Limerick Summer School, 4 May 2013 23:59 Fri May 03, 2013
Dublin Opinion >>
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
Framing ?The Gatekeepers? Fri May 17, 2013 17:46 | Raymond Deane
The May Issue of Socialist Voice is Out Now Fri May 17, 2013 17:14 | Communist Party of Ireland
Full-Sized Life Thu May 16, 2013 13:32 | Susan DuMars
Left MEPs to debate austerity and abortion rights in Dublin Wed May 15, 2013 13:53 | Irish Left Review
Action on X ? Protest May 18th Central Plaza, Dame St, Dublin 2, @ 4pm Tue May 14, 2013 17:59 | Irish Left Review
Irish Left Review >>
Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake
Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake
Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake
NAMA Wine Lake >>
A shot at bias in the media
Separating the News from the Noise Thu Apr 04, 2013 21:14
Blessed with nothing but good intentions Fri Feb 22, 2013 18:04
The Household Charge - How They Failed to Shape Our Perspectives Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:48
The web's political rainbow Wed Dec 07, 2011 09:47
The Forgotten Constituency: The Majority and The Irish Economic Crisis Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49
Dublin - Event Notice
Wednesday August 08 2012
Wednesday August 08, 2012 14:17 by LASC
Community Employment Post based in the
LATIN AMERICA SOLIDARITY CENTRE - LASC
Applicants must be in receipt of state benefit for 52 weeks or longer
City Centre Voluntary Groups has a job vacancy in the following position based in LASC, 5 Merrion Row, Dublin 2
Volunteer and Membership Development Officer
LASC (Latin America Solidarity Centre)
LASC’s mission is to expose and challenge the current injustices in Latin America and in Ireland, through public awareness raising, development education, information exchanges and campaigns in solidarity with the people of Latin America who are resisting oppression and are struggling to create a fair and inclusive society.
Send your CV and letter of motivation to:
Sharon Fitzpatrick – firstname.lastname@example.org
City Centre Voluntary Groups Ltd.,
Office 16, 29/30 Dame St., Dublin 2
Telephone: 01 6772308 Fax: 01 6772312
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th August 2012
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
LASC VOLUNTEER AND MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer is responsible for the management of LASC’s volunteers and the development of LASC’s membership.
• Research, update, collate, develop and communicate (to staff and volunteers) volunteer policy and procedures.
• Identifying areas of possible volunteer recruitment and volunteering opportunities within LASC.
• Preparing and updating volunteers and members’ introduction / information pack.
• Recruit, screen, select, induct, match, place and support volunteers. Areas where volunteers are typically needed in LASC: Fundraising, Development Education and Solidarity events, LASC’s stall, administration and publicity jobs (leaflet distribution, mailings…), Research, translating and interpreting, editorial tasks, etc.
• Drafting volunteer job descriptions for long term volunteers or volunteers in charge of a project. This will be done jointly with the relevant staff member who is working with the volunteer.
• Manage volunteers at events (draft rosters, brief them, pay them expenses, etc).
• Obtaining volunteer feedback – volunteer appraisals.
• Maintaining relevant databases for members and volunteers such as:
• Active / former volunteers and members
• Attendance at / completed training
• Jobs carried out and roles taken on by specific volunteers / members
• Prepare reports and updates as appropriate.
• Attend appropriate training as required regarding best practice in working with volunteers and other skill development training.
• Liaise and network with other organisations working in the area of voluntary work.
• Communication with LASC’s membership:
o Create and manage members’ and volunteers email group.
o Ensuring letters are sent in reminding people to subscribe. They should be sent in October (pre-AGM) and in March (pre-LAW)
o Ensuring members are informed of LASC’s upcoming events by subscribing them to email bulletin and by sending them emails with publicity for specific events
• Organising Annual General Meeting each November
o Collecting and collating nominations to Executive Committee
o Ensuring members receive Financial Report, Annual Report and AGM notification and committee nominations 3 weeks before AGM, and other such communications as deemed necessary.
o Booking venue and organising logistics
o Recruiting volunteers for AGM (for note taking, facilitating, manning the stall, etc)
• Liaising with editorial committee to ensure membership’s newsletter Chaski is published 3 times a year. It is the responsibility of the Membership Officer to lead and remind the committee of the deadlines and to send Chaski to members in good time.
• Membership management. Work with committee member in charge of membership to explore options for involving, motivating and recruiting members. Getting feedback on membership involvement / communication with members.
• Making LASC a welcoming environment for people who drop in
• Answering the phone and logging all calls
• Maintaining the office
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer will need to work closely with all his / her colleagues as they will all need - at one time or another – help from volunteers for the different activities they organise / jobs they are responsible for.
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer may be asked to take on additional duties, such as supporting particular elements of LASC’s work programme after consultation between the Co-ordinator and the Volunteer and Membership Development Officer.
Within LASC, the Volunteer and Membership Development Officer should raise queries and problems regarding personnel and work issues with the Co-ordinator in the first instance, when this is possible and appropriate. The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer also has the right to raise issues with the Staff Officer as necessary.