A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2021/09/20 ? Open Thread Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 | herb
2021/09/20 10:30:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
SITREP: letter from Russia about the elections Sun Sep 19, 2021 18:06 | The Saker
by Geneva Observer for the Saker blog Today, with a sunny blue sky and cold breeze, I had the pleasure to accompany three generations of family members to the voting
Russian World as a global project Sun Sep 19, 2021 14:50 | amarynth
Most of us at The Saker Blog are involved in either understanding or have fully joined the Russian World as a global project. In one simplistic sense, we still talk
Iran ? New Member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization Sat Sep 18, 2021 17:13 | amarynth
Peter Koenig and PressTV On 17 September 2021 Iran has become a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO). It is an extraordinary achievement and new beginning for US
Russia Responded to an American Strategic Ruse With the S-500 (Sonar 2050) Sat Sep 18, 2021 06:28 | Leo V.
Translated and subtitled by Leo. The government’s trials of the S-500 Promitey have entered its final stage and will be completed this year. The system became an answer to the
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Minister Catherine Martin: Not fit to serve
Establishment media and delusional analysis Anthony
Youth power – Don’t ask – Take Anthony
When the establishment betrays the people?s trust Anthony
The day Eoghan Harris went bad Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
After Vaccine Passports Were ?Scrapped?, Government Refuses To Rule Out Passes for Pubs Thu Sep 16, 2021 15:32 | Michael Curzon
The Health Secretary has confirmed that vaccine passports could be introduced for pubs later this year if "something happens", but remains coy about what exactly "something" means.
The post After Vaccine Passports Were ?Scrapped?, Government Refuses To Rule Out Passes for Pubs appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Ethical Bankruptcy of Vaccinating 12-15 Year-Olds Thu Sep 16, 2021 13:53 | Toby Young
We're publishing an original piece on the Daily Sceptic today by a senior pharmaceutical company executive setting out the ethical case against vaccinating healthy 12-15 year-olds.
The post The Ethical Bankruptcy of Vaccinating 12-15 Year-Olds appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Headteachers Told To Call Police if People Protest Against Vaccination of Healthy Teenagers Outside ... Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:05 | Michael Curzon
Headteachers have been told to call the police if parents concerned about the vaccination of their healthy teenager children against Covid ('anti-vaxxers', as the media puts it) protest outside school gates.
The post Headteachers Told To Call Police if People Protest Against Vaccination of Healthy Teenagers Outside School Gates appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
News Round-Up Wed Sep 15, 2021 23:59 | Michael Curzon
A summary of all the most interesting stories that have appeared about politicians? efforts to control the virus ? and other acts of hubris and folly ? not just in Britain, but around the world.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Pfizer Set to Seek Approval for Its Covid Vaccine in U.S. Babies This Winter Wed Sep 15, 2021 19:30 | Michael Curzon
Pfizer is planning to seek approval for its Covid vaccine in babies as young as six months in the U.S. this winter and is also set to seek approval for its jab in 5-11 year olds in America and across Europe.
The post Pfizer Set to Seek Approval for Its Covid Vaccine in U.S. Babies This Winter appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun