Tibetan Community in Ireland is holding a fasting & prayer service on 30th August, 2008 for World Peace & Tibetans who died in Tibet recently
Tibetan Community in Ireland is holding a fasting & prayer service on 30th August, 2008.
• Fasting from 7 am to 7 pm.
• Prayers from 10 am at Dublin Shambhala Centre, 19 Herbert Street, Dublin.
We are holding this fasting and prayer to purify negative actions of all beings, particularly of Tibetan and Chinese people, and, to accumulate and multiply our collective good karma so that it will:
• Bring long, healthy life to His Holiness the Dalai Lama and help his activities to prosper and benefit all sentient beings.
• Ease all the conflicts, diseases, sufferings, and natural calamities in the world, so that all beings shall live in peace and harmony.
• Cleanse the negative actions of all those Tibetans who have died fighting for their political cause in the aftermath of March protest in Tibet this year and help them reborn in higher realm and eventually get freed from vicious Samsaric cycle. And, instantaneously relieve those Tibetan who are still enduring atrocities under the brutal Chinese oppression from their sufferings, and for the truth of Tibetan issue to prevail soon.
• Get all those people in the world in general and Tibetans in particular, who have been victims of forced oppression and violence and deprived of their religious freedom and freedom of conscience and expression, be freed and enjoy state of well-being and freedom. And, dismantle all the hatred in the hearts of oppressors and guide them with discerning wisdom, and
• Earnestly remind and appeal to all the human beings to effectively counter the acts of oppression, violence and injustice with non-violent and peaceful means, borne out of compassion and loving kindness to our oppressor.
All are welcome.