Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony
Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
News Round-Up Sun Dec 10, 2023 00:31 | Will Jones
A summary of the most interesting stories in the past 24 hours that challenge the prevailing orthodoxy about the virus and the vaccines, the ?climate emergency? and the supposed moral defects of Western civilisation.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Academic Who Suggested ?Blowing up? Jewish Labour Conference Venue Stripped of Honorary Titles Sat Dec 09, 2023 15:00 | Will Jones
A retired sociology professor has been stripped of her honorary titles by two universities after suggesting on social media that someone should "blow up the venue" of a Jewish Labour conference.
The post Academic Who Suggested ?Blowing up? Jewish Labour Conference Venue Stripped of Honorary Titles appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Ukrainian War Can Only End in a Peace Deal Sat Dec 09, 2023 13:00 | Will Jones
Should Volodymyr Zelensky continue to fight endlessly in pursuit of a comprehensive defeat of Russia which may be unattainable ? or should he consider cutting his losses and reaching a compromise?
The post The Ukrainian War Can Only End in a Peace Deal appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
IPCC Scientists Demand Power to Dictate Global Climate Policy Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:00 | Will Jones
Scientists at the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have demanded the power to set global climate policy as they despair at the slow pace of climate action.
The post IPCC Scientists Demand Power to Dictate Global Climate Policy appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Last Chance to Get Tickets to the Weekly Sceptic Live Sat Dec 09, 2023 09:00 | Toby Young
Only eight £25 tickets remain for the Weekly Sceptic Live at the Hippodrome on Monday. Doors open at 6.30pm, the show goes up at 7pm and comes down at 9pm. £25 for a two hour West End show is an absolute steal.
The post Last Chance to Get Tickets to the Weekly Sceptic Live appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Qatar, the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and Israel, by Thierry Meyssan Fri Dec 08, 2023 05:39 | en
Samantha Power in Gaza Thu Dec 07, 2023 06:51 | en
On October 2, insiders bet on decline of Israeli economy Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:32 | en
The New York Times seeks to demonstrate that Netanyahu and Hamas are not complic... Fri Dec 01, 2023 02:40 | en
What lies behind Benjamin Netanyahu's lies and Hamas's evasions, by Thierry Meys... Tue Nov 28, 2023 06:58 | en
Voltaire Network >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th