A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
The Wisdom of Forecasters (and their Critics) Thu Dec 02, 2021 19:00 | Toby Young
Check out this useful compendium of aphorisms, as compiled by financial analyst Alexander Ineichen. Example: "The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers.? ? Edgar Fielder
The post The Wisdom of Forecasters (and their Critics) appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Kenyan Nurses and the Crisis of NHS Nurse Staffing Thu Dec 02, 2021 17:45 | Luke Perry
We're publishing a guest post on the Daily Sceptic by Dr. Ann Bradshaw, a retired Lecturer in Adult Health Care, about the scandal of the Government's failed efforts to import nurses from Kenya.
The post Kenyan Nurses and the Crisis of NHS Nurse Staffing appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Angela Merkel Demands Mandatory Vaccination Law as Germany is Set to Impose Restrictions on the Unva... Thu Dec 02, 2021 16:29 | Luke Perry
In a series of new restrictions, the German Government will ban the unvaccinated from entering 'non-essential' shops, with the Chancellor Angela Merkel calling for the vaccine to be made compulsory.
The post Angela Merkel Demands Mandatory Vaccination Law as Germany is Set to Impose Restrictions on the Unvaccinated appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
NHS Faces Its ?Biggest Cancer Catastrophe Ever? Due to Pandemic Backlog Thu Dec 02, 2021 15:43 | Luke Perry
The National Audit Office has recorded that close to 750,000 GP referrals for suspected cancer received no further attention over the course of the pandemic.
The post NHS Faces Its ?Biggest Cancer Catastrophe Ever? Due to Pandemic Backlog appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Pilots ?Out of Practice? After lockdowns are Risking Passengers? Lives Thu Dec 02, 2021 15:07 | Toby Young
Commercial airline pilots have done so little flying during the past 21 months we may be about to witness a fatal plane crash. That is the message of air accident investigators after a "serious incident" in Scotland.
The post Pilots ?Out of Practice? After lockdowns are Risking Passengers’ Lives appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
China building military base on Atlantic Wed Dec 08, 2021 07:53 | en
Ian Fishback died penniless at 42 Wed Dec 08, 2021 07:17 | en
Towards a boycott of Beijing 2022 Olympic Games Tue Dec 07, 2021 20:01 | en
China: the "yellow peril", really?, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 | en
Trump raises $ 1 billion for Truth Social Mon Dec 06, 2021 05:12 | en
Voltaire Network >>
National - Event Notice
Thursday January 01 1970
Pre-Election Water Charges National Demonstration - Another Ireland Is Possible! -Sat 20th Feb
Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square, Dublin 1 @ 2pm Sat 20th Feb
Right2Water/Right2Change are hosting a national protest against water charges and a festival for change ahead of the 2016 election.
'Another Ireland is Possible', but we have to fight for it. We have a Right2Water, a Right2Health, a Right2Education, a Right2Housing and we deserve a country that's not based on cronyism, corruption or greed, but instead one based on equality, democracy and social justice.
Here are 18 reasons to get out and join this historic demonstration:
1. Ireland is one of the most unequal countries in the European Union.
2. More than ten percent of people suffer from food poverty.
3. 1,500 children are living in emergency accommodation.
4. Lone parents – who are the most deprived group in the State with 63% already experiencing material deprivation – had their supports cut.
5. 36 percent of children experience multiple deprivation.
6. 73 families are becoming homeless every month.
7. 300,000 have emigrated since the current government took power.
8. Despite the enormous emigration figures, 200,000 are still in search of a job.
9. We have the second highest prevalence of low pay in the entire OECD.
10. There are 130,000 people on the social housing waiting lists
11. The Phoenix charity expects 50,000 families to lose their homes in the next few years.
12. We have the second highest prevalence of under-employment in the EU15 (ie 147,000 workers who want more hours but their employer will not give them those hours).
13. We have record numbers of people (600) waiting on trolleys in our underfunded public hospitals.
14. 470,000 people have nothing left to spend after all bills are paid and 1.7 million say they have less than €100 to spend after all essential bills have been paid.
15. The number of millionaires in Ireland has increased from 16,000 in 2008 to 91,000 in 2014.
16. Water charges will be continued unless we achieve real change in Dáil Éireann.
17. 37,000 families are in mortgage arrears of two years or more.
18. 11,000 patients have been waiting 18 months or more for an outpatient appointment.
This is not a "recovery" for the vast majority of people in this country and it is certainly not the vision of the heroes of 1916. So on Saturday, 20th February 2016, we will be assembling at the Garden of Remembrance in memory of those who died for a fair Ireland, one that put people first instead of financiers, speculators and corporations.
See you all there: be part of the change that this country needs and deserves!
Print a flyer here: PDF See Feb20-Flyer.pdf
Print a poster here: PDF See Feb20-Poster.pdf
PDF of Flyer for Feb 20th
PDF of Poster for Feb 20th