User Preferences

  • Language - en | ga
  • text size >>
  • make this your indymedia front page make this your indymedia front page

Blog Feeds

forward

Cedar Lounge
For lefties too stubborn to quit

offsite link What you want to say ? 27th August 2014 03:49 Wed Aug 27, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A shift in societal values from collective action to abandoning the individual? 17:19 Tue Aug 26, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Meanwhile, at the SBP 15:07 Tue Aug 26, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link A sort of 1970?s quiz 3- including the 1960s! 08:05 Tue Aug 26, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

offsite link Redmond squared? 17:37 Mon Aug 25, 2014 | WorldbyStorm

Cedar Lounge >>

Dublin Opinion
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting

offsite link IRELAND?S TAX HAVEN INDUSTRY 22:01 Tue Aug 05, 2014

offsite link IPA Summer School - Social Justice, Poverty and Ireland - 28 July 2014 11:56 Mon Jul 28, 2014

offsite link Feminist Economics - Cuts are a Feminist Issue 08:21 Wed Jun 18, 2014

offsite link Feminist Economics - Care and Social Reproduction 16:11 Fri Jun 13, 2014

offsite link Feminist Economics - By Way of Introduction 12:12 Fri Jun 06, 2014

Dublin Opinion >>

Irish Left Review
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left

offsite link Deng Xiaoping ? The World?s Greatest Economist Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:56 | John Ross

offsite link Perverse Economics and Water Charges Mon Aug 25, 2014 13:31 | Michael Taft

offsite link Women, This State Hates Us. Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:35 | Sarah Clancy

offsite link Obstruct Reality, Consciously Manipulate, and Deny the Denial: Propaganda, Irish... Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:15 | Mark Kernan

offsite link Left Forum: The Marxist Seminars Are Back! Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 | Irish Left Review

Irish Left Review >>

NAMA Wine Lake

offsite link Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake

offsite link Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake

offsite link Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake

offsite link Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake

NAMA Wine Lake >>

Minutes for Dec 12th 2007

This contains Meeting Minutes for Dec 12th and the agenda and actions to be taken. Date of the next Indymedia meeting is given
Minutes of Dec 12th Indymedia Meeting from 7:50:pm to 9:10pm
5 People in attendence

Agenda
1) Review actions from previous meeting on Nov 14th 2007
2) Site Enhancements
3) Front page (Reddys')
4) Outreach

1.1) Prv Action: Mark to contact NGOs for outreach.
Status: This is still ongoing and hopes to complete in January.

1.2) Prv Action: To prepare for Indymedia Open Day in Feb.
Status: No work done yet. It was reckoned 2 or 3 meetings will be needed before it to organise it.

1.3) Prv Action: To implement auto generation of email to list when an IP is banned and aim to ban people for only 2 or 3 days.
Status: Done and ban periods in effect.

1.4) Prv Action: Ant to continue video hosting investigation.
Status: Bit torrent for Route Irish now a success. Some basic bittorrent (tracker) software installed. Ant will explore this area more. There was some discussion about additional links for other torrent files.

1.5) Prv Action: Static Oscailt page to be updated with info on this and new film Route Irish
Status: Basic pages done, but this is really an ongoing exercise

1.6) Prv Action: Ter to announce story with ability to publish embedded YouTube video in stories and comments.
Status: Done and now 10+ other embedded video formats supported. Also it may be possible to do flash audio

1.7) Prv Action: Ant to see if James and or C. will come back to List Administration
Status: James not interested and C. not asked yet.

1.8) Prv Action: For each person present, to respond to list with review of Reddys Proposal within 2 weeks Status: Not done by anyone
Action: Ter to send a reminder to list to try again.

1.9) Prv Action: Padraic to send email to list to kick off discussion on procedures for joining the collective.
Status: Not done.

1.10) Prv Action: Ter to create static Oscailt page(s) of meeting minutes. This can grow to include decisions of the Collective.
Status: Partially done (minutes done for last 2 meetings), but currently only viewable by editors. Blank page template ready to add decisions by collective.

1.11) Prv Action: Padraic to submit proposal on more relevant site documentation
Status: Not Done New Action: Ter to ask Mark C. to do this
New Action: Ant to investigate wiki software for documenting this.

Main Agenda -
2) Site Enhancements
Overview and demo given of some recent additions over last few months to the site, covering the editorial logs, reported posts, Oscailt messaging and publish validation.

Action: Ter to investigate if publish preview of feature stories can be done within the front page so that sizing and widths of headings etc can be seen better.
Action: Ter to investigate if icons on the main administration page can be re-organised.
Action: Ter to investigate if code can be easily added to track status of latest comments and stories in one place, like the new reported post page.
Action: Ter to update latest comments page for editors so that full comment text is visible, but with ability to control this via user settings.

2) Front page (Reddys') Since no work was done on it, this item was skipped.

3) Outreach Since this work was not complete, this item was skipped.
Action: To work on the leaflet + text and get this ready for the Indymedia Open Day in Feb 2008.

Next Meeting: Wed 7:30pm to 9pm 16th Jan 2008. Same place.

© 2001-2014 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy