A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/01/16 ? Open Thread Sun Jan 16, 2022 17:30 | herb
2022/01/16 17:30:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Menticide Manual ? In Medias Res Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:37 | amarynth
By Thorsten J. Pattberg for the Saker Blog In medias res is the literary device to start your story ?in the midst?. This trick will create in the minds of
European Requiem for the Russian Opposition Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:22 | amarynth
By Serbian Knight for the Saker Blog The growing pressure on Russia from Europe every day does not lead to support for street protests and a wave of discontent among
Michael Pogrebinskii about the likelihood of the Poroshenko Arrest Sat Jan 15, 2022 20:26 | The Saker
Michael Pogrebinskii about the likelihood of the Poroshenko Arrest: The brainless Kievan Authorities have given Poroshenko a nice PR stunt opportunity. translated for the Saker Blog by O. Earlier the
The Saker interviews Ljubi?a Malenica from Sarajevo Sat Jan 15, 2022 17:24 | The Saker
Note by the Saker: a few months ago I was contacted by Ljubi?a who let me know that a number of very interesting documents have been made available to the
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Irish media mote in the eye
King Hammurabi: Builders law Anthony
Michael Clifford: low standards in journalism Anthony
Are the wheels of justice creaking into action? Anthony
Middle class revolution Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Coronavirus is Nowhere Near Endemic, Says WHO Tue Jan 11, 2022 15:46 | Will Jones
The coronavirus is "nowhere near" endemic, the World Health Organisation has said, while Pfizer's CEO says an Omicron vaccine is on its way and admits two doses no longer work. Some people don't want this to end.
The post Coronavirus is Nowhere Near Endemic, Says WHO appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
One in 12 Teachers Absent in First Week of Term as Class Sizes Reach 120 Tue Jan 11, 2022 13:24 | Will Jones
One in 12 teachers was absent from schools in England during the first week of term, according to the latest data, as some class sizes hit 120. Time to end mass testing?
The post One in 12 Teachers Absent in First Week of Term as Class Sizes Reach 120 appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Supreme Leader Nic Sturge-on Tells Scots They May Have to Wear Masks For Years Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:05 | Toby Young
People in Scotland may have to wear masks in public places for years to come, Nicola Sturgeon has warned. This is in spite of masked-up Scotland having a higher number of Covid cases per 100,000 than England.
The post Supreme Leader Nic Sturge-on Tells Scots They May Have to Wear Masks For Years appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Some Healthcare Workers Have Pre-existing Immunity to Covid, Study Finds Tue Jan 11, 2022 08:58 | Noah Carl
Researchers identified a group of healthcare workers who did not become infected during the first wave. They found evidence of pre-existing T-cell immunity, suggesting that not everyone is equally susceptible to Covid.
The post Some Healthcare Workers Have Pre-existing Immunity to Covid, Study Finds appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
How?s He Going to Get Out of This One? Fresh Allegations Emerge That Boris Attended Drinks in the No... Tue Jan 11, 2022 07:00 | Will Jones
Fresh allegations have emerged that Boris Johnson attended a social gathering during the first lockdown, described in an email from his PPS as "socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden... bring your own booze!?
The post How’s He Going to Get Out of This One? Fresh Allegations Emerge That Boris Attended Drinks in the No. 10 Garden During Lockdown appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun