Sanctioned by PayPal Thu Aug 04, 2022 21:31 | Anti-Empire
Spain Limits Heating to 19ÂºC, Cooling t... Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:39 | Associated Press
WHO Declares Monkeypox a â€œGlobal Healt... Sat Jul 23, 2022 21:01 | Apoorva Mandavilli
Zelensky Says Ukrainian KIA Down From Pe... Sat Jul 23, 2022 18:13 | Anti-Empire
German Health Ministry: 1 Severe Adverse... Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:25 | Matthew Roscoe
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
The Second Coming of the Heartland Sun Aug 14, 2022 19:25 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar, posted with the author?s permission and widely cross-posted It?s tempting to visualize the overwhelming collective West debacle as a rocket, faster than free fall, plunging into the
We will come after you! Message for the Ukronazi terrorists Sun Aug 14, 2022 04:51 | The Saker
What War, Mr. Kissinger? Sat Aug 13, 2022 22:27 | The Saker
Please visit Andrei?s website: https://smoothiex12.blogspo... and support him here: https://www.patreon.com/beP...
Guo Xi and the Great Emptiness ? in Times of the Collapse of the West Sat Aug 13, 2022 21:14 | The Saker
by Nora Hoppe and Tariq Marzbaan for the Saker blog Notes and reflections by Nora Hoppe and Tariq Marzbaan Foreword: This contribution does not intend to provide a profound analysis
A Tale of Two Cities Sat Aug 13, 2022 16:33 | The Saker
By Batiushka for The Saker (With Apologies to Charles Dickens) Moscow and Washington It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of
The Saker >>
Tell the Police to Stop Investigating Our Tweets and Start Policing Our Streets Sun Aug 14, 2022 19:14 | Toby Young
Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak should both pledge to do more to protect free speech as part of their leadership pitch. How about promising to ditch ?Non-Crime Hate Incidents??
The post Tell the Police to Stop Investigating Our Tweets and Start Policing Our Streets appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Daniel Hannan Deservedly says ?I Told You So? in Article Linking Our Economic Problems to the Lockdo... Sun Aug 14, 2022 16:14 | Toby Young
Dan Hannan has written a blistering column for the Telegraph, deservedly saying "I told you so? about the catastrophic impact of the lockdown policy on the economy, something he warned of in May 2020.
The post Daniel Hannan Deservedly says ?I Told You So? in Article Linking Our Economic Problems to the Lockdown Policy appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
No, the Arctic isn?t Warming Four Times Faster Than the Planet Sun Aug 14, 2022 14:30 | Chris Morrison
Is the Arctic really heating up four times faster than the rest of the planet? Only if you cook the data, says Chris Morrison.
The post No, the Arctic isn?t Warming Four Times Faster Than the Planet appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Why Did So Many Professors Leap to the Defence of an Academic Who Wrote a Paper About Masturbating t... Sun Aug 14, 2022 13:03 | Toby Young
Stuart Ritchie has written a good piece puzzling over why dozens of academics were so quick to leap to the defence of a university student who'd written a paper about masturbating to Japanese pornography.
The post Why Did So Many Professors Leap to the Defence of an Academic Who Wrote a Paper About Masturbating to Pornography? appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Problem With Unconscious Bias Training Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:00 | Dr Frank Palmer
Unconscious bias training has no scientific basis. It?s a form of jiggery-wokery designed to persuade people that Britain is a hotbed of racial prejudice, in spite of being one of the least racist countries on earth.
The post The Problem With Unconscious Bias Training appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
Voltaire, international edition
Voltairenet.org is taking a hiatus Thu Jul 14, 2022 20:47 | en
Paradoxes of Russophobia Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:46 | en
EU-Russia agreement on supplying Kaliningrad Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:26 | en
Political destabilization plagues the West Thu Jul 14, 2022 05:40 | en
Ukraine destroys its Nova Kakhovka factory Wed Jul 13, 2022 07:53 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Tahrir comes to Spain
Saturday May 21, 2011 14:24 by s
Pissed off with very high unemployment, a political system which is not working, a feeling that banks and the markets matter more than life itself, the youth, unemployed and precarious of Spain launched their revolt last Sunday. Three days on and many squares in the country are occupied and movements are building up under the banner of "Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!)
Hashtags for Twitter:
Indymedia Barcelona |
Real Democracy Manifesto (English Version) |
Nobody Expects the Spanish Revolution | Tools
Live Stream: From Madrid http://www.soltv.tv/ | From Barcelona http://latele.cat/ |
Solidarity in Ireland Limerick: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=218240811531155 | Cork http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212928062060985 | Dublin https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=202503726457580 | Galway http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131493406926700
"No somos mercancía en manos de políticos y banqueros" (We are not merchandise at the hands of the politicians and the markets)
Inspired by both the recent uprising in North Africa and the peoples revolt in Iceland, for 3 months now, social movements in Spain have been organising to change the system. Last sunday was an international day of action which saw many thousands of people taking to the streets of many cities throughout Spain. Madrid saw the biggest demo. People occupied the main square, placa del sol (the square of sun), but this action was followed by severe police repression as riot cops cleared the square. Tuesday evening saw many many thousand people filling that same square and calls for similar actions throughout Spain...
"Democracy Real, Ya! (Real Democracy, Now!) Manifesto
We are ordinary people. We are like you: people, who get up every morning to study, work or find a job, people who have family and friends. People, who work hard every day to provide a better future for those around us.
HOPEFULLY THIS ACTION WILL SPREAD THROUGHOUT EUROPE...
Some of us consider ourselves progressive, others conservative. Some of us are believers, some not. Some of us have clearly defined ideologies, others are apolitical, but we are all concerned and angry about the political, economic, and social outlook which we see around us: corruption among politicians, businessmen, bankers, leaving us helpless, without a voice.
This situation has become normal, a daily suffering, without hope. But if we join forces, we can change it. It’s time to change things, time to build a better society together. Therefore, we strongly argue that:
• The priorities of any advanced society must be equality, progress, solidarity, freedom of culture, sustainability and development, welfare and people’s happiness.
• These are inalienable truths that we should abide by in our society: the right to housing, employment, culture, health, education, political participation, free personal development, and consumer rights for a healthy and happy life.
• The current status of our government and economic system does not take care of these rights, and in many ways is an obstacle to human progress.
• Democracy belongs to the people (demos = people, krátos = government) which means that government is made of every one of us. However, in Spain most of the political class does not even listen to us. Politicians should be bringing our voice to the institutions, facilitating the political participation of citizens through direct channels that provide the greatest benefit to the wider society, not to get rich and prosper at our expense, attending only to the dictatorship of major economic powers and holding them in power through a bipartidism headed by the immovable acronym PP (conservatives, built out of old fascist party) & PSOE. (the socialists)
• Lust for power and its accumulation in only a few; create inequality, tension and injustice, which leads to violence, which we reject. The obsolete and unnatural economic model fuels the social machinery in a growing spiral that consumes itself by enriching a few and sends into poverty the rest. Until the collapse.
• The will and purpose of the current system is the accumulation of money, not regarding efficiency and the welfare of society. Wasting resources, destroying the planet, creating unemployment and unhappy consumers.
• Citizens are the gears of a machine designed to enrich a minority which does not regard our needs. We are anonymous, but without us none of this would exist, because we move the world.
• If as a society we learn to not trust our future to an abstract economy, which never returns benefits for the most, we can eliminate the abuse that we are all suffering.
• We need an ethical revolution. Instead of placing money above human beings, we shall put it back to our service. We are people, not products. I am not a product of what I buy, why I buy and who I buy from.
For all of the above, I am outraged.
I think I can change it.
I think I can help.
I know that together we can.I think I can help.
I know that together we can.
Manifesto (English) - http://democraciarealya.es/?page_id=814
further report in English, from the barcelona group: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TocEU6SAWEiwXpIQJ1j...li=1#
Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto: Porque somos más, toma la calle (Because we are more, take the streets)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SAfFFpGF3E
Democracy Real, Ya! channel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/democraciarealya
El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJ0qPXrCA
Desalojo de la acampada de Sol y reportaje sobre ¡Democracia Real ya! en Antena 3.
. TWTR: @acampadabcn - http://twitter.com/#
FB: acampadabcn - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acampadabcn/227242160626146
todos somos islandia (we are all Iceland)
Un ágora instalado en el kilómetro 0
La Junta Electoral Provincial de Madrid prohíbe la acampada de la Puerta del Sol
I don’t want a new iPad, I want a new life”
- graffiti during the mobilisation of the 15th of May.
Tahrir comes to Spain #spanishrevolution
Youth Rally in Madrid
Caption: Democracy Real, Ya! Video manifesto
Caption: M15 El 15 de mayo: ¡toma la calle! (take the streets)
Caption: Desalojo de la acampada de Sol: eviction of the camp of sun