Position: Volunteers & Membership Officer
Community Employment Post based in the
LATIN AMERICA SOLIDARITY CENTRE LASC
Applicants must be in receipt of state benefit for 52 weeks or longer
Volunteers & Membership Officer
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer facilitates the relationships
between members and volunteers and those managing and working in the Centre.
An interest in solidarity issues an advantage
• Research, update, collate, develop and communicate (to staff and volunteers) volunteer policy and procedures.
• Identifying areas of possible volunteer recruitment and volunteering opportunities within LASC.
• Preparing and updating volunteers and members’ introduction / information pack.
• Recruit, screen, select, induct, match, place and support volunteers. Areas where volunteers are typically needed in LASC: Fundraising, Development education and Solidarity events, LASC’s stall, administration and publicity jobs (leaflet distribution, mailings…), Research, translating and interpreting, editorial tasks, etc.
• Drafting volunteer job descriptions for long term volunteers or volunteers in charge of a project. This will be done jointly with the relevant staff member who is working with the volunteer.
• Manage volunteers at events (draft rosters, brief them, pay them expenses, etc).
• Obtaining volunteer feedback – volunteer appraisals.
• Maintaining relevant databases for members and volunteers such as:
• Active / former volunteers and members
• Attendance at / completed training
• Jobs carried out and roles taken on by specific volunteers / members
• Prepare reports and updates as appropriate.
• Attend appropriate training as required regarding best practice in working with volunteers and other skill development training.
• Liaise and network with other organisations working in the area of voluntary work.
• Communication with LASC’s membership:
o Create and manage members’ and volunteers email group.
o Ensuring letters are sent in reminding people to subscribe. They should be sent in October (pre-AGM) and in March (pre-LAW)
o Ensuring members are informed of LASC’s upcoming events by subscribing them to email bulletin and by sending them emails with publicity for specific events
• Organising Annual General Meeting each November
o Collecting and collating nominations to Executive Committee
o Ensuring members receive Financial Report, Annual Report and AGM notification and committee nominations 3 weeks before AGM, and other such communications as deemed necessary.
o Booking venue and organising logistics
o Recruiting volunteers for AGM (for note taking, facilitating, manning the stall, etc)
• Liaising with editorial committee to ensure membership’s newsletter Chaski is published 3 times a year. It is the responsibility of the Membership Officer to lead and remind the committee of the deadlines and to send Chaski to members in good time.
• Membership management. Work with committee member in charge of membership to explore options for involving, motivating and recruiting members. Getting feedback on membership involvement / communication with members.
• Organising Members and Volunteers’ Open Night twice per year in LASC’s office.
Send your CV and letter of motivation to:
City Centre Voluntary Groups Ltd.,
29/30 Dame St., Dublin 2
Telephone: 01 6772308 Fax: 01 6772312
volmembers_ad_2010.pdf 0.04 Mb