no events posted in last week
Ukraine Buys Huge Amounts of Russian Fue... Fri Jan 20, 2023 08:34 | Antonia Kotseva
Turkey Has Sent Ukraine Cluster Munition... Thu Jan 12, 2023 00:26 | Jack Detsch
New Israeli Government Promises to Talk ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 21:13 | Al Majadeen
Russia Training Iranian Pilots Ahead of ... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:19 | The Times of Israel
Lukashenko Abolishes Copyright Protectio... Tue Jan 10, 2023 15:05 | Nikki Main
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
The Next Stage in Western Escalation Fri Jan 27, 2023 20:00 | The Saker
by Batiushka for the Saker blog Introduction: The Story So Far So far the US has carried out regime changes and created military conflicts in countries friendly to or important
?Doomsday clock?: 90 seconds to midnight Fri Jan 27, 2023 15:06 | The Saker
by Pepe Escobar for PressTV, cross posted with the author’s permission The Doomsday Clock, set by the US-based magazine Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, has been moved to 90 seconds
Moveable Feast Cafe 2023/01/27 ? Open Thread Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:30 | cafe-uploader
2023/01/27 11:30:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
An update about the blog Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:00 | The Saker
Dear friends Today rather than commenting on the risks of a major war in Europe, or even the entire northern hemisphere, I want to share a few things about the
7549 and Counting Thu Jan 26, 2023 15:36 | The Saker
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A Blog About Human Rights
UN human rights chief calls for priority action ahead of climate summit Sat Oct 30, 2021 17:18 | Human Rights
5 Year Anniversary Of Kem Ley?s Death Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:34 | Human Rights
Poor Living Conditions for Migrants in Southern Italy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 | Human Rights
Right to Water Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:13 | Human Rights
Human Rights Fri Mar 20, 2020 16:33 | Human Rights
Human Rights in Ireland >>
Search words: education
Urgent: Job Vacancy
Monday July 12, 2010 17:52 by LASC - Latin America Solidarity Centre
Position: Volunteers & Membership Officer
Community Employment Post based in the
LATIN AMERICA SOLIDARITY CENTRE LASC
Applicants must be in receipt of state benefit for 52 weeks or longer
Volunteers & Membership Officer
The Volunteer and Membership Development Officer facilitates the relationships
between members and volunteers and those managing and working in the Centre.
An interest in solidarity issues an advantage
• Research, update, collate, develop and communicate (to staff and volunteers) volunteer policy and procedures.
• Identifying areas of possible volunteer recruitment and volunteering opportunities within LASC.
• Preparing and updating volunteers and members’ introduction / information pack.
• Recruit, screen, select, induct, match, place and support volunteers. Areas where volunteers are typically needed in LASC: Fundraising, Development education and Solidarity events, LASC’s stall, administration and publicity jobs (leaflet distribution, mailings…), Research, translating and interpreting, editorial tasks, etc.
• Drafting volunteer job descriptions for long term volunteers or volunteers in charge of a project. This will be done jointly with the relevant staff member who is working with the volunteer.
• Manage volunteers at events (draft rosters, brief them, pay them expenses, etc).
• Obtaining volunteer feedback – volunteer appraisals.
• Maintaining relevant databases for members and volunteers such as:
• Active / former volunteers and members
• Attendance at / completed training
• Jobs carried out and roles taken on by specific volunteers / members
• Prepare reports and updates as appropriate.
• Attend appropriate training as required regarding best practice in working with volunteers and other skill development training.
• Liaise and network with other organisations working in the area of voluntary work.
• Communication with LASC’s membership:
o Create and manage members’ and volunteers email group.
o Ensuring letters are sent in reminding people to subscribe. They should be sent in October (pre-AGM) and in March (pre-LAW)
o Ensuring members are informed of LASC’s upcoming events by subscribing them to email bulletin and by sending them emails with publicity for specific events
• Organising Annual General Meeting each November
o Collecting and collating nominations to Executive Committee
o Ensuring members receive Financial Report, Annual Report and AGM notification and committee nominations 3 weeks before AGM, and other such communications as deemed necessary.
o Booking venue and organising logistics
o Recruiting volunteers for AGM (for note taking, facilitating, manning the stall, etc)
• Liaising with editorial committee to ensure membership’s newsletter Chaski is published 3 times a year. It is the responsibility of the Membership Officer to lead and remind the committee of the deadlines and to send Chaski to members in good time.
• Membership management. Work with committee member in charge of membership to explore options for involving, motivating and recruiting members. Getting feedback on membership involvement / communication with members.
• Organising Members and Volunteers’ Open Night twice per year in LASC’s office.
Send your CV and letter of motivation to:
City Centre Voluntary Groups Ltd.,
29/30 Dame St., Dublin 2
Telephone: 01 6772308 Fax: 01 6772312