A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Alternative Copy of thesaker.is site is available Thu May 25, 2023 14:38 | Ice-Saker-V6bKu3nz Alternative site: https://thesaker.si/saker-a... Site was created using the downloads provided Regards Herb
The Saker blog is now frozen Tue Feb 28, 2023 23:55 | The Saker Dear friends As I have previously announced, we are now “freezing” the blog.? We are also making archives of the blog available for free download in various formats (see below).?
What do you make of the Russia and China Partnership? Tue Feb 28, 2023 16:26 | The Saker by Mr. Allen for the Saker blog Over the last few years, we hear leaders from both Russia and China pronouncing that they have formed a relationship where there are
Moveable Feast Cafe 2023/02/27 ? Open Thread Mon Feb 27, 2023 19:00 | cafe-uploader 2023/02/27 19:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The stage is set for Hybrid World War III Mon Feb 27, 2023 15:50 | The Saker Pepe Escobar for the Saker blog A powerful feeling rhythms your skin and drums up your soul as you?re immersed in a long walk under persistent snow flurries, pinpointed by The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
RTEs Sarah McInerney ? Fianna Fail?supporter? Anthony
Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony
Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony Public Inquiry >>
Promoting Human Rights in IrelandHuman Rights in Ireland >>
Turkish Crime Boss Allowed to Remain in U.K. on Human Rights Grounds, Judges Rule Wed Dec 18, 2024 15:39 | Will Jones A Turkish crime boss said to be one of Britain?s biggest?drug dealers?has won his human rights battle against deportation after the UN Refugee Agency intervened and judges rejected a Home Office appeal.
The post Turkish Crime Boss Allowed to Remain in U.K. on Human Rights Grounds, Judges Rule appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The New Scientific Priesthood Wants Complete Control of What We Are Told Wed Dec 18, 2024 13:32 | Dr David McGrogan The ambition of elites to "manage the infodemic" amounts to the establishment of a scientific priesthood that wants full control of what we are told to ensure we only come to approved conclusions, says Dr David McGrogan.
The post The New Scientific Priesthood Wants Complete Control of What We Are Told appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
China Cancels Christmas in Hong Kong ? Leaving Churches Fearing for Their Future Wed Dec 18, 2024 11:22 | John MacNab China has cancelled Christmas in Hong Kong this year. Officials have ordered that the usual celebrations be 'toned down'. It's part of a creeping intolerance that leaves churches fearing for the future, says John MacNab.
The post China Cancels Christmas in Hong Kong ? Leaving Churches Fearing for Their Future appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Brits Could Face Up to ?20 a Year Extra on Energy Bills to Fund ?Carbon Capture? Technology Wed Dec 18, 2024 09:00 | Will Jones Brits could face an extra ?20 a year on energy bills to fund unproven carbon capture technology as the Government proposes to spend ?21.7 billion on projects to capture the gas from the air and store it underground.
The post Brits Could Face Up to ?20 a Year Extra on Energy Bills to Fund ‘Carbon Capture’ Technology appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
The Curious Links of Led by Donkeys Wed Dec 18, 2024 07:00 | Charlotte Gill Led by Donkeys, the group behind anti-Brexit and assorted other Left-wing stunts, was set up by four Greenpeace activists who have a lot of curious links to the Blob, says Charlotte Gill.
The post The Curious Links of Led by Donkeys appeared first on The Daily Sceptic. Lockdown Skeptics >>
|
Search words: chief
‘Carrickmines Castle Supreme Court Decision Leaves the Door Open for Hill of Tara Case’
national |
history and heritage |
press release
Tuesday July 25, 2006 17:29 by Siobhan Rice - TaraWatch info at tarawatch dot org 086-319-9833

The battle's not over yet
The ruling in today’s third Supreme Court decision in the Carrickmines Castle saga has left the door open for a full constitutional challenge to the National Monuments Act 2004, as a whole, which will be heard by the Supreme Court in relation to the Hill of Tara and the M3 motorway on October 11.
 PRESS RELEASE
TaraWatch.org
25 July 2006
‘Carrickmines Castle Supreme Court Decision Leaves the Door Open for Hill of Tara Case’
The ruling in today’s third Supreme Court decision in the Carrickmines Castle saga has left the door open for a full constitutional challenge to the National Monuments Act 2004, as a whole, which will be heard by the Supreme Court in relation to the Hill of Tara and the M3 motorway on October 11.
While dismissing the challenge made by Dominic Dunne to Section 8 of the National Monuments Act 2004, in which the Oireachtas specifically provided for completion of the South Eastern Motorway, the chief Justice clearly stated in his decision that:
“As noted by learned the trial judge, it is not inconceivable that in a hypothetical case, a person in the position of the plaintiff might successfully challenge a statutory measure on the basis that it purported to permit a clear-cut breach of the State’s duty to protect the national heritage. As noted by the learned trial judge, this is not such a case.
In other words, a the court has acknowledged that there is clearly a duty on the State to protect the national heritage, and it is also possible for a citizen to successfully challenge a statute that provides the basis for a breach of that duty.
In addition, even if the Supreme Court upholds the National Monuments Act 204, in its entirety, in October, there are still major issues to decide in relation to whether or not the Directions given by Minister for the Environment, Dick Roche, in relation to the Hill of Tara, in May 2004, comply with that Act.
If a new national monument is discovered during the course of road-building, work must cease immediately, and the Minister for the Environment and Heritage must consult with the National Museum, under the existing legislation. Mr Salafia is alleging that the National Roads Authority has failed to report new national monuments that have been discovered along the pathway of the M3 motorway.
Mr Salafia said:
“Carrickmines Castle may be lost, but the Court has clearly left some major avenues open for Appeal in the Hill of Tara case. The judgment is limited to section 8 of the National Monuments Act 2004, and the main part of the Act is still in clearly in question.
“We want to know how the Minister can legally, on the very same day, say on one hand he cannot move the road to save Tara, but on the other hand move the road in Waterford to save a Viking site at Woodstown?
“We understand Mr Dunne will appeal his case to Europe, and we wish him the best with that fight.
Contact: Siobhan Rice: 086-319-9833
ENDS
Minister Roche’s Directions for moving the N25 and preserving Woodstown:
http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPub.nsf/0/d193d5dd0ae059...ument
Minister Roches Directions for proceeding with M3 and impacting Tara
http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPub.nsf/0/c9ba816e8565e9...ument
|