no events posted in last week
If Putin Was a 5th Column Traitor, What ... Mon Oct 03, 2022 08:47 | Anti-Empire
Fall of Liman Shows the Trajectory of Wa... Sun Oct 02, 2022 17:21 | Anti-Empire
Defender of Liberal Order No More, Russi... Sat Oct 01, 2022 16:03 | Anti-Empire
Nord Stream Explosion Removes the Chance... Wed Sep 28, 2022 22:24 | Anti-Empire
The Dysfunction of Russian Mobilization ... Tue Sep 27, 2022 14:41 | Anti-Empire
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Update from Andrei (hopefully the last related to Hurricane Ian) Mon Oct 03, 2022 20:10 | The Saker
Dear friends This will be my last hurricane-related post (God willing!). Tomorrow my family and I will finish moving the objects we can salvage from the house. But on Wednesday
Update from Andrei Sat Oct 01, 2022 21:36 | The Saker
Dear friends We found a home to stay. We have workable Internet. Best of all, a neighbor told us that in his opinion our house might be fixable, but it
?Biden? Fulfilled a Promise on Nord Stream 2 Sat Oct 01, 2022 20:48 | Leo V.
For those who haven’t seen this footage being reposted the past few days, ”Biden” promised to put an end to Nord Stream 2 on February 7, 2022.
Moveable Feast Cafe 2022/10/01 ? Open Thread Sat Oct 01, 2022 05:30 | herb
2022/10/01 04:30:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
Update from Andrei Fri Sep 30, 2022 17:57 | The Saker
My family and I are all safe. Our house flooded and is uninhabitable so we will have to relocate for a few months. I hope to return to at least
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Formal complaint against Robert Watt Anthony
RTE bias complaint Anthony
Fergus Finlay and the maternity hospital ‘gotcha’ trap Anthony
Irish Examiner and fake news Anthony
Labour Party: The unvarnished truth Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Voltaire, international edition
US government instructs its nationals to leave Russia immediately Thu Sep 29, 2022 06:50 | en
Donbass and part of Novorossia aspire to join Russia Wed Sep 28, 2022 15:29 | en
Russian military-industrial complex in deep crisis Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:05 | en
Edward Snowden given Russian nationality Wed Sep 28, 2022 02:54 | en
How to Stop the Escalation to War, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Sep 27, 2022 07:06 | en
Voltaire Network >>
Search words: Tara
Anger Strike Against National Monuments Bill
Tuesday June 15, 2004 19:47 by Vincent Salafia - Save Tara Skryne Valley Group vincent at taraskryne dot org PO Box 30, Tara, Co. Meath 087-132-3365
Kildare Street Gate to Dail Eireann at 11.00 am. Wednesday
Save Tara Skryne Valley Group has called for an 'anger strike' against the National Monuments Bill, announced by Martin Cullen, Minister for Heritage, today, Tuesday 15th June.
SAVE Tara SKRYNE VALLEY GROUP
The protest will take place at the Kildare Street Gate to Dail Eireann at 11.00 am.
Campaigners are calling on members of all Opposition parties to oppose the bill, and to save Ireland's heritage, and force the Government to build roads legally, efficiently and properly.
The Bill is being challenged because:
- It is designed to legalize badly designed roads, not protect national monuments.
- It is against the letter and spirit of the National Monuments Acts (1930-1994) to legislate away legal protections for a particular site, Carrickminmes, because the Government failed to identify the site beforehand, and created the 'emergency' in the first place.
- It was developed without consultation with heritage groups.
- It reduces protections for monuments for the first time in Irish history.
- It is a breach of the European Convention on the Protection of the Arcvhaeological Heritage, 1992, or the Valletta Convention, to which Ireland is a signatory, and which reinforces that national heritage sites are of European significance.
- It is a violation of the UNESCO World Heritage Site legislation, which Ireland has agreed to. A copy is being mailed to UNESCO, and we are awaiting Tara to be placed on the 100 Most Endangered Sites List in July.
- It is violation of EU law, including the Environmental Impact Assessment Directive, which has been included into Irish law, and requires adequate prior investigation, and therefore will come into direct conflict where the European Commission may make a contrary ruling in its current, ongoing investigation into Carrickmines. It may include include campaigners for:
- Carrickmines Castle, which is currently protected by the National Monuments Act, but in the path of the M50.
- Waterford's Viking remains, currently protected by the National Monuments Act, but in the path of the Waterford Bypass.
- Clondalkin's, and Ireland's oldest round tower, under threat of development into a pub.
- Trim Castle, Co Meath, Ireland's finest Norman Castle, location for Braveheart, under threat of development by hotel, which Minister Cullen declined to protect.
- and others.
According to Vincent Salafia, an LL.M candidate in Trinity College Dublin Law School, specializing in heritage law:
"Like e-voting, this bill is another arrogant attempt by Minister Cullen to force through an ill-conceived and badly researched piece of legislation. It doesn't even define what a national monument is."
"The is clearing the way for American and European based multinationals to clear away our heritage."
Dr. Muireann Ni Bhrolchain said:
"We are calling on the academic community, and all members of the community at large, who have been far too complacent on this matter, to step up to the place. It is time to draw the line in the sand, before we disgrace ourselves completely, in the eyes of the civilized world.