A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Alternative Copy of thesaker.is site is available Thu May 25, 2023 14:38 | Ice-Saker-V6bKu3nz
Alternative site: https://thesaker.si/saker-a... Site was created using the downloads provided Regards Herb
The Saker blog is now frozen Tue Feb 28, 2023 23:55 | The Saker
Dear friends As I have previously announced, we are now “freezing” the blog.? We are also making archives of the blog available for free download in various formats (see below).?
What do you make of the Russia and China Partnership? Tue Feb 28, 2023 16:26 | The Saker
by Mr. Allen for the Saker blog Over the last few years, we hear leaders from both Russia and China pronouncing that they have formed a relationship where there are
Moveable Feast Cafe 2023/02/27 ? Open Thread Mon Feb 27, 2023 19:00 | cafe-uploader
2023/02/27 19:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The stage is set for Hybrid World War III Mon Feb 27, 2023 15:50 | The Saker
Pepe Escobar for the Saker blog A powerful feeling rhythms your skin and drums up your soul as you?re immersed in a long walk under persistent snow flurries, pinpointed by
The Saker >>
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
RTEs Sarah McInerney ? Fianna Fail?supporter? Anthony
Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony
Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony
RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony
Waiting for SIPO Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
Promoting Human Rights in IrelandHuman Rights in Ireland >>
Keir Starmer Says He Has No Regrets About Last Six Months and Would Do it All Again Fri Dec 20, 2024 09:00 | Will Jones
Keir Starmer has shocked observers across the political divide after he said he has no regrets about the decisions he has made in the past six months and would do it all again. That's our Tin Ear Keir.
The post Keir Starmer Says He Has No Regrets About Last Six Months and Would Do it All Again appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
What a PhD on the ?Politics of Smell? Tells Us About How Elites Use Obscure Woke Gobbledegook to Exc... Fri Dec 20, 2024 07:00 | Steven Tucker
When a PhD on the "politics of smell" trended on X recently it exposed how elites use pretentious woke gobbledegook to exclude the people from power, much like previous generations used Latin and Greek, says Steven Tucker.
The post What a PhD on the “Politics of Smell” Tells Us About How Elites Use Obscure Woke Gobbledegook to Exclude the People From Power appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
News Round-Up Fri Dec 20, 2024 01:54 | Richard Eldred
A summary of the most interesting stories in the past 24 hours that challenge the prevailing orthodoxy about the ?climate emergency?, public health ?crises? and the supposed moral defects of Western civilisation.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
White House Covered Up Biden?s Senility From Day One of Presidency Thu Dec 19, 2024 19:00 | Will Jones
The?White House?intentionally hid from the public?Joe Biden's rapidly declining mental condition for his entire Presidency, according to a new report. This from the administration that waged war on misinformation.
The post White House Covered Up Biden’s Senility From Day One of Presidency appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Trans Landowner Sues NHS for Refusing to Carry Out Third Sex Change Surgery Thu Dec 19, 2024 17:00 | Will Jones
A?transgender?Scottish landowner who lives in a ?5m castle is suing the NHS after it refused to carry out a third sex change surgery, claiming negligence, discrimination and a breach of human rights.
The post Trans Landowner Sues NHS for Refusing to Carry Out Third Sex Change Surgery appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.
Lockdown Skeptics >>
View Comments Titles Only
save preference
Comments (12 of 12)
Jump To Comment: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12.
I'd like to now whats going on over there. Can anyone comment?
RTE now reporting it as 10 people arrested out of 80 at the protest, and that a file is being sent to the DPP.
Unfortunatly i don't have any real information. I marched with the catholic workers from the garda blockade to the town center. (mainly because i couldn't find the SOS site due to the road block) i then marched back to the blockade with the "Anti war movement" and some others looking for the SOS people. Food not Bombs set up their kitchen in front of the Barricades and for maybe 20 minutes everybody stood (and sat) in front of the gardai makin noise, banging drums and blowing whistles, that kinda thing. After a while people started to suggest that everybody move to occupy a roundabout back at the town center. I decided to remain at the garda blockade where food not bombs stayed as well as around 20 other activists. The purpose of this was to keep the road closed in order to disrupt the activities of the airport.
Unfortunatly nothing much happened for the 3 hours i remained there, there were some reports coming back of arrests elsewhere but i still know very little about them. I tried to find them after i left the blockade but i failed.
You don't know what happened coz you're an ignorant c**t who doesn't know the diff between Cork Anti-War Campaign and IAWM or maybe you're just a cynical prick. Ten arrested including Nuria Mustafa, Cork, Galway and Dub heads, and two minors. Arrests resulted from a sit-down blockade on a roundabout while you were scratching your cynical ass somewhere else.
I didn't realise i had insulted anyone. There were anti war movement people there, a big banner from the kildare branch a few swp flags and a hammer and sickle. These are some of the people that the IAWM claim to represent. If you're upset because i didn't give proper credit to the "organisers" of the demonstration then you have your priorities messed up.
And I don't see why you're so pissed off at me for staying to babysit the riot police attack dogs and uniformed gardai? It was a decision some people made. a part of the reason behind it was the food not bombs people had already set up and it would have been difficult for them to move operations again and inconsiderate to leave them alone.
so what happened with sos? did anykone find it?
I expected the camp to be near where the old peace camp was but it was blocked off by the gardai so that really confused everybody and it was hard to find out what was happening. Some people i talked to who intended camp overnight had put their bags in the van carrying the PA system for one of the marches so they kinda had to follow it.
It was a bit confused overall. Hopefully some lessons can be learned to help co-ordinate things like these a little better in future. At around a half two when the catholic workers march left the town center for limerick and the cork anti war campaign headed towards the airport there was nobody to speak on behalf of the SOS so i think it all just merged into the CAWC event... or something.
Glad you made it to Shannon, David. Please ignore ignorant 'Cork head' above. SOS was meant to happen on the site of the old Peace Camp but couldn't because of the Garda blockade. Also, Nico (the main organiser) left for Canada the day before. Don't know the full story there - something to do with a cheap flight. Nonetheless, some who travelled for SOS came down to Cork and I understand that SOS (renamed SOC) was reconvened at the CAZ in Knapp's Square. Had to go home to bed myself (after a few pints) but I'm sure it went well.
Gee it's sad that the head of C.A.W.C. has nothing better to do with his time than spread gossip on the internet. and can't even get his facts straight at that. one can understand why nico might have headed for canada if this is the kind of solidarity an activist can expect in cork.
sad.
spabeausa
What gossip? Get real anarkitty - there's no untruth being spoken...
Seems fintan's comments on SOS are very positive so can't see Anarkitty's point. Well done to all involved with SOS and other anti-war actions!! Keep it up.