Upcoming Events

National | Miscellaneous

no events match your query!

New Events

National

no events posted in last week

Blog Feeds

Public Inquiry
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005

offsite link RTEs Sarah McInerney ? Fianna Fail?supporter? Anthony

offsite link Joe Duffy is dishonest and untrustworthy Anthony

offsite link Robert Watt complaint: Time for decision by SIPO Anthony

offsite link RTE in breach of its own editorial principles Anthony

offsite link Waiting for SIPO Anthony

Public Inquiry >>

Human Rights in Ireland
Promoting Human Rights in Ireland

Human Rights in Ireland >>

Lockdown Skeptics

The Daily Sceptic

offsite link Keir Starmer Says He Has No Regrets About Last Six Months and Would Do it All Again Fri Dec 20, 2024 09:00 | Will Jones
Keir Starmer has shocked observers across the political divide after he said he has no regrets about the decisions he has made in the past six months and would do it all again. That's our Tin Ear Keir.
The post Keir Starmer Says He Has No Regrets About Last Six Months and Would Do it All Again appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link What a PhD on the ?Politics of Smell? Tells Us About How Elites Use Obscure Woke Gobbledegook to Exc... Fri Dec 20, 2024 07:00 | Steven Tucker
When a PhD on the "politics of smell" trended on X recently it exposed how elites use pretentious woke gobbledegook to exclude the people from power, much like previous generations used Latin and Greek, says Steven Tucker.
The post What a PhD on the “Politics of Smell” Tells Us About How Elites Use Obscure Woke Gobbledegook to Exclude the People From Power appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link News Round-Up Fri Dec 20, 2024 01:54 | Richard Eldred
A summary of the most interesting stories in the past 24 hours that challenge the prevailing orthodoxy about the ?climate emergency?, public health ?crises? and the supposed moral defects of Western civilisation.
The post News Round-Up appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link White House Covered Up Biden?s Senility From Day One of Presidency Thu Dec 19, 2024 19:00 | Will Jones
The?White House?intentionally hid from the public?Joe Biden's rapidly declining mental condition for his entire Presidency, according to a new report. This from the administration that waged war on misinformation.
The post White House Covered Up Biden’s Senility From Day One of Presidency appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

offsite link Trans Landowner Sues NHS for Refusing to Carry Out Third Sex Change Surgery Thu Dec 19, 2024 17:00 | Will Jones
A?transgender?Scottish landowner who lives in a ?5m castle is suing the NHS after it refused to carry out a third sex change surgery, claiming negligence, discrimination and a breach of human rights.
The post Trans Landowner Sues NHS for Refusing to Carry Out Third Sex Change Surgery appeared first on The Daily Sceptic.

Lockdown Skeptics >>

Voltaire Network
Voltaire, international edition

offsite link How Washington and Ankara Changed the Regime in Damascus , by Thierry Meyssan Tue Dec 17, 2024 06:58 | en

offsite link Statement by President Bashar al-Assad on the Circumstances Leading to his Depar... Mon Dec 16, 2024 13:26 | en

offsite link Voltaire, International Newsletter N?112 Fri Dec 13, 2024 15:34 | en

offsite link Israel Passes Law Allowing Four-Year Detention Without Trial or Evidence Fri Dec 13, 2024 15:27 | en

offsite link Jihadist Mohammed al-Bashir, new Syrian Prime Minister Fri Dec 13, 2024 15:24 | en

Voltaire Network >>

Carlo Guiliani!

category national | miscellaneous | news report author Monday June 16, 2003 08:36author by Billy... Ohh! - shamo, eamo, all the ladsauthor email carlo2003 at eircom dot net Report this post to the editors

Carlo Guiliani was murdered by forces of the Italian State, acting in protection of the G8 on July 20th 2001. As time passes by many of the people who paid lip service to Carlo now attack his tactics and actions. Rather than condemn his killers they try to divide us into ‘good’ and ‘bad’ protesters.
52574_1.GIF

Those of us who believe in a movement where we respect diversity and take a confrontational attitude to the state (whether physical or not) have a responsibility not to forget what Carlo stands for. This July will be the second anniversary of his death. What are we going to do about it?
A small group of us are meeting upstairs in The Lord Edward this thursday at 8 o clock to talk about what we can do to remember Carlo. If you're interested come along or email carlo2003@eircom.net

author by Andrewpublication date Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:51author address author phone Report this post to the editors

Last year a couple of us put up 50 or so posters with the passport picture of Carlo, his name and the date he was killed on them around the north inner city. A lot of people passing by stopped to ask me about them. A PDF file of that poster is at http://struggle.ws/pdf/posters/carlo.html

Related Link: http://struggle.ws/pdf/posters/carlo.html
author by ipsiphipublication date Mon Jun 16, 2003 13:51author address author phone Report this post to the editors

is easier than helping Giulio.
They were both victims of policing and G8.
Giulio is dead.
RIP carlo vive!
Martin has broken legs, vertebrae, swollen testicles etc.,
but he is alive.
and without much money.
go to the english pages of BCN IMC at the link for more info on the campaigns, two people did hang from the Swiss embassy this weekend, and much was done to highlight the Martin Shaw case.,, but now it is time to "shake the can", and Andrew those posters would be cool again!

Related Link: http://barcelona.indymedia.org/?language_desplegable=en&Submit=enviar
author by ipsiphipublication date Mon Jun 16, 2003 16:49author address author phone Report this post to the editors

a crew of protesters have set up "base" camp, the two protesters hanging from the roof are still there, water supply is good, sun is very very hot.
it reached 38º yesterday, I don't envy them.

The Swiss consulate phone line has been blocked by telecom activism today it's first day of "normal" business since the 20+ protesters who occupied it last Friday were evicted.
ESTOS SON LOS TELÉFONOS:
934090650
fax: 93 4906598
email: vertretung@bar.rep.admin.ch
add 00 34 for Spain.
so 0034934090650.
press 5 to speak to operator.
= Martin Vive!

incidently the Irish consulate is in the same building on the seventh floor, which is about 20 metres up, which is the distance Martin fell after a policeman attempted to murder him.

Related Link: http://barcelona.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=46096&group=webcast
author by mariannepublication date Tue Jun 17, 2003 15:59author address author phone Report this post to the editors

I said this already at the picnic to a few people but I think it would be an idea to link this to Martin's case, as iosaf also suggests.
Martin could have been their next victim and it really is a miracle he survived.
Wont be able to make it to the meeting but please keep him in mind

author by billy oh!publication date Tue Jun 17, 2003 17:36author address author phone Report this post to the editors

due to this clashing with a shannon fundraiser we've moved the time and venue to The Teachers Club at 7. (same day)

 
© 2001-2024 Independent Media Centre Ireland. Unless otherwise stated by the author, all content is free for non-commercial reuse, reprint, and rebroadcast, on the net and elsewhere. Opinions are those of the contributors and are not necessarily endorsed by Independent Media Centre Ireland. Disclaimer | Privacy