Youth Film Festival again has the support of The Arts Council and Cork County Council.
While currently young filmmakers are being sought for a festival and short films are pouring in, the festival organisers are busily planning an exciting programme of screenings, Q&A's, discussions and workshops for this year's festival.
There are 7 categories; Animation, Fictional Shorts, Music Video, Short Shorts ‘one minute wonders’, Documentary, Schools and Third Level
First Cut! would also like to announce YMVA, Young Music Video Award, Competition 2016!
The First Cut! Youth Film Festival is thrilled to announce it has teamed up with Brendan Canty – Feel Good Lost to give young up-and-coming filmmakers under the age of 24 the chance to make a music video with mentorship from the film director. The Feel Good Lost Hozier ‘Take me to Church’ video, shot on a shoestring budget, garnered millions of Internet 'hits' and rave reviews from critics all over the world. The 'Feel Good Lost' production company is now considered one of the world's most exciting up-and-coming film firms.
So if you’ve ever wanted to gain a fantastic insight into the world of Music Video Filmmaking and have a chance to work with the best then watch this space!
Deadline for Submissions: Feb 12th 2016
To Enter: submit your film on line using We Transfer with your completed Entry Form to Cork Film Centre, email@example.com, before February 12th and you could see your film included in the 2016 Festival programme. Please fill in the Entry Form carefully and also cc your e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The festival will take place in Youghal, Co. Cork and offers an exciting opportunity for young filmmakers, aged 12- 24 years, to gather together in a vibrant festival atmosphere for a rare chance to network and showcase their work. The young people can also take part in events and masterclasses hosted by film experts and receive feedback on their film. This year workshops and Q&As will focus on acting for screen, music video, documentary and animation. If you are interested in taking part in any of these please contact us, we are currently putting together an exciting Festival programme in a great venue.First Cut! Youth Film Festival is a not-for-profit organisation funded by the Arts Council and Cork County Council and supported by Cork Film Centre professional filmmakers.
The first Festival took place in 2009 to showcase the work of young film makers and to bring young people together to enjoy, share and learn.
This Festival aims to provide a genuine opportunity for the young filmmakers aged 12-21 years to be recognised for their talent and to gather as a community for the rare chance to network in County Cork with their peers and view each other’s work. Access to information on other related areas such as acting, script-writing and training opportunities will also be enhanced by this Festival.
The festival also aims to raise community awareness of short film as an art form for young filmmakers to explore their issues and use their creativity.
• to bring together young people in groups or individually from a variety of social backgrounds interested in filmmaking and provide much needed opportunities for these young people who are making film to screen their wares to a public.
• to validate the work that is being created by young people in County Cork and beyond.
• to develop partnership with other film festivals and youth film making organisations in Ireland and abroad through the Open Call, workshops and screenings.
• to provide young people with opportunities to meet with successful young film makers and learn from them.
• By having a public event, to broaden access to other young people who are interested in filmmaking but have not had the opportunity to access training & equipment & make contacts that enable them to make film.
• To encourage critical and artistic awareness in film for young people
• In participating it is envisaged that the standard of film making throughout the area will improve, as will the numbers of young people accessing filmmaking opportunities.
Working with filmmakers and staff from Cork Film Centre and young people First Cut has developed an innovative and exciting project.
Entry Form at https://www.dropbox.com/s/q176wbqa5ny5vls/Open%20Call%202016%20ENTRY%20FORM.doc?dl=
Full details at: