no events posted in last week
Joined up thinking for the Irish Left
We Make Our Own History: Discussion and Book Launch Mon Nov 16, 2015 13:59 | Laurence Cox
Reflections on Water Movement and Right2Change Development Tue Nov 10, 2015 14:31 | Jimmy Dignam
November Socialist Voice is Now Available Online Mon Nov 09, 2015 21:49 | Communist Party of Ireland
Championing the Self-Employed Thu Nov 05, 2015 22:51 | Michael Taft
Begruding the Recovery Tue Nov 03, 2015 15:36 | Michael Taft
Irish Left Review >>
Kautsky â€“ The crisis of capitalism and the shortening of working time Mon Nov 09, 2015 22:34 | James O'Brien
How to do better things with words Fri Oct 23, 2015 07:38 | modulus
Syriza and Israel: Syrizaâ€™s response Thu Aug 20, 2015 18:10 | yeksmesh
What does a Corbyn victory mean? Tue Aug 18, 2015 00:32 | Sami El-Sayed
SYRIZA: Was capitulation inevitable? Fri Jul 17, 2015 14:14 | Sami El-Sayed
Spirit of Contradiction >>
Life should be full of strangeness, like a rich painting
The Financial Crisis:What Have We Learnt? 19:58 Sat Aug 29, 2015
Money in 35,000 Words or Less 21:34 Sat Aug 22, 2015
THE WRATH OF KANE: BANKING CRISES AND POLITICAL POWER 09:32 Fri Jan 30, 2015
ALWAYS THE ARTISTS: WEEK THREE OF THE BANK INQUIRY 23:11 Thu Jan 22, 2015
FIANNA FÁIL AND THE BANK INQUIRY : SOME INITIAL OBSERVATIONS 21:04 Mon Jan 12, 2015
Dublin Opinion >>
Farewell from NWL Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Happy 70th Birthday, Michael Sun May 19, 2013 14:00 | namawinelake
Of the Week? Sat May 18, 2013 00:02 | namawinelake
Noonan denies IBRC legal fees loan approval to Paddy McKillen was in breach of E... Fri May 17, 2013 14:23 | namawinelake
Gayle Killilea Dunne asks to be added as notice party in Sean Dunne?s bankruptcy Fri May 17, 2013 12:30 | namawinelake
NAMA Wine Lake >>
Clare - Event Notice
Saturday November 09 2013
United Farmers Association Public Information Meeting On Dangers of Fracking.
Sunday October 27, 2013 13:02 by anti-fracking
Farming not Fracking is the future. -Meeting in Kilmihil, Kilmihil Hall, Co. Clare
Important notice to all residents of south & west Clare.
The future survival and well-being of all residents of west and south County Clare is about to be decided on how the two single most important issues of our time are decided. (1) The internal divisions of the Cap Reform Payments in Ireland as a result of the 2013 CAP reform recently agreed in Brussels .Failure to achieve a fair and equitable division of these subsidies will result in the disappearance of at least 30% of the existing farming community and the elimination of many business in the rural towns and villages of Co.Clare.The UFA National Officers will present at this public information meeting the options for a fair and equitable distributions of the new payments facts and figures. Be aware the future of family farming as we know it is at stake here.
Target areas for fracking are: County Clare, County Limerick and North of Co. Kerry
Fracking for shale gas deposits poses possibly one of the most lethal challenges to the health and welfare of human and animal health in living memory in Co. Clare. Just a small sample list of the facts about this industry that you should and must become aware of:
(1) Fracking is largely unregulated either by National or EU law.
(2) 2 to 8 million gallons of water and 10,000to 40,000 gallons of chemicals are required to bore one well.
(3) 88 different chemicals of which 80 are harmful to varying degrees ranging from toxic to irritant-contaminant [Federal German Scientific report].
(4) Unmesureable but substantial methane gas emissions from the fracking wells. Methane gas is a greenhouse gas at least 25 times more potent than carbon dioxide.[EU scientific investigation].
(5) 20 to 35% of this fracking fluid remains in the ground; nobody knows what’s going to happen to it long term and nobody knows the location and depth of our artificers which supply our ground water.
(6) Of that which is brought back to the surface the only method of disposal of this lethal mixture is by spreading or dumping it on the surface or in storage ponds.
(7) Food Companies –Milk Cooperatives etc. in certain parts of the world where fracking is taking place are now refusing to purchase food products-milk etc. from areas where fracking fluid is spread on the land or stored.
(8) More information on the night.
Every citizen has a duty of care to make sure that they are fully informed on the above issues, as they will have life changing consequences for many.
When: Saturday 9th November 2013 At 8:30pm
Where: Kilmihil Hall.
Fracking is causing widespread problems everywhere. See for example: Shocking Admission About Fracking | What Cows Can Tell Us About The Dangers Of Fracking Hydraulic Fracturing [“Fracking”] Worldwide by Robin Mathews | Fracked cattle were quarantined, now give birth to dead calves | Livestock Falling Ill in Fracking Regions, Raising Concerns About Food | Fracking’s impacts on Alberta farming families: Lost hair, dead cows
Farmers should note that the EPA is unlikely to protect them and when the damage is done they will find there will be nobody around to clean up the mess and to sue for the damages. The establishment is behind fracking so you will be left to your own devices.