no events posted in last week
Russia Releases Footage That Proves It F... Fri Jun 25, 2021 00:52 | RT
Russian Navy Exercises 30 Miles Off the ... Thu Jun 24, 2021 19:59 | Hawaii News Now
Still No Footage of Russia Dropping â€œW... Thu Jun 24, 2021 18:23 | Marko MarjanoviÄ‡
Dmitry Peskov: Donâ€™t Like Vaccinations... Thu Jun 24, 2021 16:24 | Marko MarjanoviÄ‡
Germany and France Want an EU-Russia Sum... Thu Jun 24, 2021 15:15 | Sam Fleming
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Moveable Feast Cafe 2021/06/25 ? Open Thread Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:00 | Herb Swanson
2021/06/25 11:00:01Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
A Bristling Array of Implausibility: Reflections on the Unz Bio-Warfare Attack Hypothesis Thu Jun 24, 2021 14:39 | amarynth
By Sushi for the Saker Blog Mr. Ron Unz has offered a hypothesis with respect to the origins of the COVID pandemic. He asserts the likelihood of the pandemic originating
The Great Reset and the re-emergence of neo-Malthusianism Wed Jun 23, 2021 22:11 | amarynth
By Francis Lee for the Saker Blog Thomas Malthus (1766-1804) was born into the gentry, but as the youngest son he was not to inherit the family estate but instead
In defense of pluralism, diversity and free speech, the US seizes PressTV website! Tue Jun 22, 2021 22:31 | The Saker
The West?s Audacity of Sanctioning Among the Latest cases ? Belarus Tue Jun 22, 2021 19:19 | amarynth
By Peter Koenig for The Saker Blog Case in point is Belarus. On 23 May 2021 President Lukashenko ordered the Ryanair plane, flying from Athens to Vilnius, capital of Lithuania,
The Saker >>
Voltaire, international edition
Joseph Biden, a champion of human rights, by Manlio Dinucci Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 | en
Washington set to give up ?Endless War? Tue Jun 22, 2021 18:50 | en
?Being Open, Despite the Past?, by Vladimir Putin Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:01 | en
Biden-Putin, a Yalta II rather than a new Berlin, by Thierry Meyssan Tue Jun 22, 2021 08:46 | en
US pulling Patriot missiles from Middle East Mon Jun 21, 2021 20:45 | en
Voltaire Network >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012