no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Editing letters to the Irish Times
Stephen Collins: An enemy of my country Anthony
Elaine Byrne: Suffering from chronic naivety Anthony
Free speech under state attack in Ireland Anthony
Denis O’Brien: Are the sharks moving in for the kill? Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Immigrant Crisis: Facts, Myth or Plot? Tue Feb 09, 2016 22:50 | The Saker
by Brainstorm The designed, created and carefully articulated immigrant flow to Europe, generating one of the biggest crises in after the Cold War as the byproduct of US waged wars
One Size Does Not Fit All! Tue Feb 09, 2016 21:49 | Herb Swanson
This comment was chosen by Mod HS from the post ?Turkey?s Gates To Europe?. The moderator believes this comment is interesting because it asks where did it all go wrong
Tom Mysiewicz reviews ?The Essential Saker? for the ShamirReaders mailing list Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:34 | The Saker
Book Review Book Title: The Essential Saker Copyright 2015 ISBN-13: 978-1-60888-058-4 Author: The Saker Publisher: Nimble Books LLC, Ann Arbor, MI, USA 48103 Web Page: http://www.NimbleBooks.com E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Reviewer: Tom
International Military Review ? Syria, Feb. 9, 2016 Tue Feb 09, 2016 18:29 | The Saker
If you are having trouble viewing this video, go to the Youtube version at https://www.youtube.com/user/crimeanf...
CrossTalk: Bullhorns Spin The Spin Tue Feb 09, 2016 14:38 | The Saker
The Saker >>
THE SPECIAL CRIMINAL COURT, THE IRISH GENERAL ELECTION AND THE PROPOSED FRENCH CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDM... Mon Feb 08, 2016 13:03 | Ntina Tzouvala
Out on the Inside Thu Feb 04, 2016 06:00 | Sinead Ring
A&L Goodbody and Irish Refugee Council Asylum Law Award 2016 Wed Jan 27, 2016 08:46 | Liam Thornton
The Espaces Generation Climat and the domestication of public engagement Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:43 | Ntina Tzouvala
Reflections on climate action in the aftermath of Paris Tue Jan 12, 2016 13:17 | Ntina Tzouvala
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Another Poll 11:07 Wed Feb 10, 2016 | irishelectionliterature
One major component of the present crisis in the US? 10:11 Wed Feb 10, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
An unhealthy fixation on budget surplus or deficit 10:03 Wed Feb 10, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Truth in the (election) news? part 1 08:16 Wed Feb 10, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
What you want to say ? 10th February 2016 02:16 Wed Feb 10, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012