no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Kenny says boo – Varadkar and Coveney run away
Kenny says boo – Varadkar Coveney run away Anthony
Fergus Finlay: Hypocrite Anthony
Season’s greetings Anthony
RTEs Mary Wilson: A woman with some brain… Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Communists and socialism Sun Feb 26, 2017 04:24 | Scott
by Scott Humor My fellow colleague, the Kulak dropped me a link to a video allegedly recorded in Syria. Syrian Army with Russian Air support advances towards Al Hayal Mountains
Russian ?Liberal? Media?s Foreign Sponsors Fri Feb 24, 2017 20:32 | Scott
https://southfront.org/russian-libera... The hysteria concerning the alleged Russian ?interference? in the US presidential election appears to be a mirror projection of techniques that have been used against Russia, with little or
CrossTalk: Revolt in the West Thu Feb 23, 2017 23:06 | Scott
The West appears to have entered into a new era ? the era of the political upsets, growing anger, and increased disillusionment with ruling elites. It is not a
Iraqi War Report ? February 23, 2017: ISIS Combat Drones In Battle For Mosul Thu Feb 23, 2017 22:14 | Scott
Iraqi War Report ? February 23, 2017: ISIS Combat Drones In Battle For Mosul Iraqi military for the first time officially admitted their losses from bombing, carried
Congratulations to all who served in the Soviet Army and in the Russian Army Thu Feb 23, 2017 17:57 | Scott
Vladimir Putin laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by the Kremlin wall Russian President Vladimir Putin laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The Saker >>
Hague Justice Journal: Call for Papers Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 | GuestPost
Reflections on the Citizen?s Assembly (3): The Presentation of Dr. Joan McCarthy Tue Feb 14, 2017 14:01 | GuestPost
Reflections on the Citizens Assembly (2): The Presentation of Bobbie Farsides Tue Feb 07, 2017 05:44 | GuestPost
Languishing in Direct Provision: Rights in ?Reasonable? and ?Unreasonable? Times Mon Feb 06, 2017 18:10 | Liam Thornton
The Story of King Tex: A Modern Allegory Fri Feb 03, 2017 06:20 | GuestPost
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
New Red C / Sunday Business Post Poll 19:04 Sat Feb 25, 2017 | irishelectionliterature
The radical Protestant tradition 12:04 Sat Feb 25, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
SS-GB, and muttered dialogue on television 11:03 Sat Feb 25, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
This weekend I?ll mostly be listening to? Arab Strap 06:28 Sat Feb 25, 2017 | irishelectionliterature
That point about a ?united Ireland? provision in any Brexit deal 11:56 Fri Feb 24, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012