no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Fintan O’Toole: Falling for the myth that the people are to blame
Tom Lyons: A journalist unlikely to ask the tough questions Anthony
Breaking news: Sinn Fein responsible for IBRC farce Anthony
Atheist Ireland banned while Iona Institute enjoys full access to schools Anthony
Political lies cause suffering and death. Enda Kenny is a political liar Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
International Military Review ? Syria, Nov. 27, 2015 Sat Nov 28, 2015 04:16 | Scott
Help produce more actual and interesting content, join our struggle by donating via PayPal: email@example.com or via: http://southfront.org/donate/ Over the past 3 days, Russian warplanes have conducted 134 sorties, hitting
Mini SitRep Krimea and Sevastopol Sat Nov 28, 2015 03:07 | Saker-Admin
Mini SitRep Krimea and Sevastopol …. by Auslander Yesterday and today have been difficult days, I will lay the events out by number: 1. We have roughly 60,000 guests in
The Western Sanctions on Russia SITREP by the Serbian Girl Fri Nov 27, 2015 15:53 | Scott
The US ?led war campaign against Russia, includes financial warfare. USA has complete dominance of the global financial network. Sanctions were put in place in order to financially asphyxiate Russia
Lavrov and Syrian FM Walid al-Moallem hold joint press conference in Moscow (ENGLISH) Fri Nov 27, 2015 15:16 | Scott
Video starts from 48:00 minutes. Streamed live on Nov 27, 2015 Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov and Syrian foreign minister Walid al-Moallem hold a joint press conference following their meeting
Russian Weapon at Work Fri Nov 27, 2015 14:56 | Scott
The Saker >>
Open Letter: Recognition of the Travelling Community as an Ethnic Minority in Ireland Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:56 | Liam Thornton
The Labour Party #repealthe8th Proposals: An Analysis Wed Nov 25, 2015 20:11 | Fiona de Londras
Book Launch: International Human Rights: Perspectives from Ireland, 8 December 2015 Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:21 | Liam Thornton
FLAC: 2016 Thomas Addis Emmet Fellowship Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:04 | Liam Thornton
The Green Party?s Reproductive Rights Policy: An Appraisal Tue Nov 17, 2015 07:55 | Fiona de Londras
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Critiques of products in consumer society. 13:29 Sat Nov 28, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
Suspended animation 11:39 Sat Nov 28, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
This Weekend I?ll Mostly Be Listening to?Stereolab, the early EPs 09:14 Sat Nov 28, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
The failure of austerity as a political tool? 14:00 Fri Nov 27, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
Social housing? 11:27 Fri Nov 27, 2015 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012