no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Broadcaster George Hook accuses politicians of tax evasion
The toxic link between police and politics Anthony
The cesspool that is Irish politics Anthony
Finian McGrath cashes in his principles Anthony
Vincent Browne: Blind to what’s coming down the road Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Foreign Policy Diary ? New Point of Instability in Central Asia? Thu May 26, 2016 00:00 | The Saker
Examining American Exceptionalism Wed May 25, 2016 13:42 | The Saker
By Stephen J. Bergstrom On the surface, American exceptionalism appears to represent a boldly-stated concept but when contrasted to the subtleties of personal experience, the lessons and flow of history
Kiev Junta?s victims sue Ukraine for hundreds of millions in ECHR, by Scott Tue May 24, 2016 23:50 | Scott
Ukraine SITREP May 25, 2016 Since the beginning of the week the biggest news has been information released by Vladimir Markin, Head of Media Department of the Investigative Committee
International Military Review ? Syria & Iraq, May 24, 2016 (+ funny article!) Tue May 24, 2016 18:00 | The Saker
https://southfront.org/international-... Addendum: check out this funny article too: https://southfront.org/southfront-is-... Note by the Saker: as a longtime wannabe “Putin agent” I am jealous of SouthFront! Considering the superb performance of the
Moveable Feast Cafe 2016/05/24 ? Open Thread Tue May 24, 2016 15:00 | Herb Swanson
2016/05/24 14:00:02Welcome to the ‘Moveable Feast Cafe’. The ‘Moveable Feast’ is an open thread where readers can post wide ranging observations, articles, rants, off topic and have animate discussions of
The Saker >>
Minority Government, Human Rights, and the Opportunity for Constitutional Dialogue Fri May 06, 2016 11:36 | Ntina Tzouvala
Intensifying the glare of the United Nations? spotlight Wed May 04, 2016 06:46 | GuestPost
PhD studentships at DCU Fri Apr 29, 2016 17:15 | Eoin Daly
The Role of Sport in the Recognition of Transgender and Intersex Rights Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:54 | Eoin Daly
Call for Papers: ?International and Comparative Law in the 21st Century: Lessons learned?? Wed Mar 23, 2016 17:58 | GuestPost
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
The political pattern of the next x months? 23:24 Wed May 25, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Cuban Film Festival ? Progressive Film Club 17:24 Wed May 25, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Independent Ministers? 12:47 Wed May 25, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
A warning from this week? 10:46 Wed May 25, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Forming governments? 07:51 Wed May 25, 2016 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012