no events posted in last week
Interested in maladministration. Estd. 2005
Diarmaid Ferriter: Denial and the language of cute hoorism
Fianna Fail liars Anthony
RTE journalist Claire Byrne brings Fine Gael TD Alan Farrell to heel Anthony
Is the establishment media finally waking up to political corruption? Anthony
Bus strikers beat themselves up Anthony
Public Inquiry >>
A bird's eye view of the vineyard
Why voting for Trump was the right thing to do (7 reasons) Fri Apr 21, 2017 21:42 | The Saker
This article was written for the Unz Review: http://www.unz.com/tsaker/vot... Now that Trump has already comprehensively betrayed all his campaign promises and that he 100 first days in office are marked by
Champs-Elysees attack: Perfect timing, for some Fri Apr 21, 2017 04:02 | The Saker
by Ramin Mazaheri On the night of April 21st I was in my office in Paris, just 100 meters from the Champs-Elysees, when I got a phone call from a
Background on USS Carl Vinson ? Saga by LeDahu Thu Apr 20, 2017 15:58 | Scott
Here’s a background info sheet: US Navy statement: “After departing Singapore on April 8 and cancelling a scheduled port visit to Perth, the Strike Group was able to complete a
Ramzan Kadyrov on Western Intelligence services provocations Thu Apr 20, 2017 15:34 | Scott
Russia: EXCLUSIVE Western intelligence did ‘everything possible to destroy’ Russia – Kadyrov Apr 19, 2017 “Western and European intelligence agencies have done everything possible to destroy the sovereign
Kadyrov: West will use every resource to bring Russia to her knees Thu Apr 20, 2017 04:45 | The Saker
RT reports: The US and its Western allies will use any opportunity to harm Russia, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov told RT. He believes the rise of terrorism in Syria was
The Saker >>
Why would any country put abortion in the Constitution? Thu Apr 20, 2017 17:28 | Máiréad Enright
Northern/Ireland After Brexit: Exploring the Human Rights Impact Tue Apr 18, 2017 15:06 | Liam Thornton
Call for Applications: Challenges to International Criminal Justice Summer Academy Northumbria Unive... Tue Apr 11, 2017 19:20 | Charles O'Mahony
#Strike4Repeal: Strike Against the Citizens? Assembly? Wed Mar 08, 2017 07:51 | Máiréad Enright
Reflections on the Citizen?s Assembly (4): The Presentation of Dr. Dónal O?Mathúna Sun Feb 26, 2017 20:19 | GuestPost
Human Rights in Ireland >>
For lefties too stubborn to quit
Babylon 5 redux 12:57 Sat Apr 22, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
The Citizens? Assembly speaks 12:53 Sat Apr 22, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Speaking of the Lord of the Rings yet again? 12:04 Sat Apr 22, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
This Weekend I?ll Mostly Be Listening to? Industries of the Blind 07:02 Sat Apr 22, 2017 | irishelectionliterature
Labour?s outreach programme 20:03 Fri Apr 21, 2017 | WorldbyStorm
Cedar Lounge >>
The Flame of Slane 2013
history and heritage |
Tuesday February 26, 2013 18:01 by Slane Local Heroes - Slane Local Heroes slaneforummail at gmail dot com 2 Main Street, Slane, Co. Meath
Show On the Hill of Slane Easter Sunday March 31st.
Celebrating Slane as the home of St Patrick and the Lighting of the Pascal Flame in 432 AD is the central theme of The Flame of Slane Spectacular.
This event was first run in 2012 on Easter Saturday and was a great success. It is fair to say that the audience of about 2000 people were astonished with the show.
Easter Sunday March 31st sees the Flame of Slane 2013 taking place on the very historical site of The Hill of Slane. Whilst maintaining the Flame theme, this will be a greatly expanded event which promises to be quite a gathering as the organizers plan to take you back in time. A living history show performed through the medium of light, sound, dance, re-enactments and pyrotechnics.
The Flame of Slane will be a Spectacular Pageant of music, flame, light and Fireworks with re-enactments, which take you back in time and provide amazing entertainment value for all who attend.
The Hill of Slane overlooks Ireland's richest historical area. From its peak you can see Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and The Battle of Boyne Site. It is from this viewpoint that the inspiration came for the concept for The Flame of Slane, a re-enactment of many of the events and legends that this great location presided over.
The one and a half hour show includes Irish Mythology and battle re-enactments, a light show, music and poetry, the lighting of St Patricks Pascal Flame an exhilarating firework display and even a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real.
The Flame of Slane.
The following is an outline of the programme which will be delivered by a combination of members of the community supported by professional providers. It may alter somewhat in the final stages of planning.
• Along a half mile walk leading to the site will enter the spirit by the presence of medieval structures, performers and exhibits.
• At the site there will be an introduction music and audio performance.
• Next will be a Spectacular Light and Sound arrangement.
• You will then be treated to a 21st Century performance led by the Youth of Slane
• No Slane show would be complete without a reading from the much loved local poet Francis Ledwidge.
• The famous Battle of Boyne will be re-enacted by professional performers
• There will be an amazing Music and Song Performance
• Next will follow a re-enactment of the famous mythological theme of the Salmon of Knowledge, prepare to be surprised
• The next item, you will not believe, a Celtic wedding where a couple are to get married for real. The wedding is an interesting one, because it's the Year of the Gathering we wanted to do something extra special. We have a scene which involves a marriage, so we looked for a couple who would be willing to tie the knot for real in a short ceremony, following an Irish Mythology theme. We found a great pair. Margo is from Pottstown near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in The Unites States and her husband-to-be Glen is a local lad.
• The next performance will be the Re-enactment of the lighting of Pascal Fire.
• The programme features includes Lighting of the Paschal Fire, Music and Sound, Giant puppet performances
• The programme concludes with an amazing full-on Fireworks Display
Slane is located in Ireland's richest area of Heritage and Culture so we also invite you to spend some time in the area.
Last Years Video available Here on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChrgYbVgf0k,
Slane Community Website http://www.myslane.com,
The Flame of Slane event on http://www.thegatheringireland.com/Attend-A-Gathering/I...KtWgs
Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh
I heart myslane.com
Caption: FLAME of SLANE Ceremony 7 April 2012