When: Monday 20 June
Where: Donaghmede Inn
440,000 unemployed...1,000 emigrating a week...Attacks on Sunday rates of pay...
Fight For Your Future!
This Government has declared war on working class and young people. A thousand people are emigrating every week and 440,000 people are unemployed. Through the bank bailouts, workers and young people are being forced to pay for the gambling debts of the bankers and speculators.
The government’s so-called Jobs Initiative is a joke. They want to slash wages of workers covered by local wage agreements like JLCs and turn unemployed young people into slaves through their internship programme. Unemployed people face further cuts to their welfare payments and are being hounded off the dole.
We need jobs. But the government has done nothing to create jobs by refusing to invest and in necessary public works schemes such as new schools, hospitals and the insulation of homes to create jobs and improve public services. They are blocking access to third level education by raising the registration fee to €2,000. They have caused deepening poverty through cuts in health, education, social welfare and community services and forced emigration on tens of thousands by refusing to create jobs.
We say, enough! It’s time to fight for your future. Paul Murphy, the Socialist Party MEP for Dublin, is initiating a broad campaign of workers, unemployed people and young people to fight for a decent future for all:
• Reverse the cuts in the dole
• Full dole for everyone – no youth exemptions
• No harassment of people on the dole
• No to unpaid internships – for real jobs for everyone
• To oppose tens of thousands of young people being forced to emigrate.
• For the state to take on apprentices so they can finish their time.
• For a 35 working week to create tens of thousands of jobs
• To demand the right to a job for everyone and major state investment in major infrastructural projects to create jobs.
• To fight for decent wages and conditions for all workers.
We have organised a series of public meetings to discuss launching an active campaign. If you want to fight for your future, come along to the meeting and get involved. If you can’t make it, but are interested in getting involved, please contact us on 087 6684616.